Decent Set for occasional use

Review by Bill1974 posted 05-08-2013 02:36 PM 1699 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Decent Set for occasional use Decent Set for occasional use No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this set for a couple of years and used maybe a quarter of the bits. Like other have said not the best way to spend money, it’s better to buy individual or small sets of high quality bits. I realized this after buying some freud, whiteside, and amana bits.

The case that the bits come in is nice and it hangs on the wall nicely and look impressive. The downside is the bits are a challenge to get out, work gloves and taking the case off the wall are generally necessary. The doors are glass and have a nice magnetic latch. Surprised I have not broken the glass.

The bits are 1/4” shank and generally I only use them in my trim router now. They are not super sharp out of the case and they don’t keep their sharpness as well as freud, whiteside, and amana bits.

For light work they are fine. If you think you are going to use them frequently look elsewhere or have fun sharpening them.

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

View whitebeast88's profile

whitebeast88

#1 posted 05-10-2013 01:33 AM

i bought these awhile couple years ago when i bought my first router.i figured i could learn on them and eventually buy better as i needed and figured what i use the most.thanks for the review.

-- Marty.Athens,AL

View ThorinOakenshield's profile

ThorinOakenshield

#2 posted 05-10-2013 06:03 PM

I bought these during black Friday sales for ~50% off. I use the decorative edging bits all the time. There have been several times that I came across a need for a bit I have never used before and was happy it was sitting in that case at $1-$2 range instead of having to to out and buying a new Freud bit. They have held up well.

-- -Thorin Oakenshield, King Under the Mountain