An amazing tool

Review by Johnny Boy posted 04-30-2013 02:11 AM 3353 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An amazing tool An amazing tool An amazing tool Click the pictures to enlarge them

Thanks for reading this review. I hope you’ll find useful informations and it will help you to make your choice.
I’ve bought this saw used from a very kind guy in Ontario. I’ve taken the chance to buy it without being
able to do a test drive or even to see it. But I had a good feeling. And I was right.
I am not sure if this exact model is still available in Canada but I’ve seen some clones under different brands.

This saw is pretty amazing. Look at the specs:
20” cutting width
all-around safety switches
2 dust chutes
HD ball bearing guides
670lbs

For one grand, I’m pretty sure it’s unbeatable. The retail price is around 2500$ which is really not that much.

I’ve used this saw for about 2 weeks and it amazes me. Super stable, powerful enough to saw a dino.
The blade guides are very sturdy. The racks and pinions are virtually undestructible.
The blade tensioner and quick release systems are one the bests I’ve ever seen.
Mine has an HD cast-iron fence but neweset models looks to have an extruded aluminum or steel one.

The gentleman who sold the saw told me he bypassed the e-stop because it was broken.
I’ve cleaned it up and rewired the switch so everything is back to normal.
This could be the only problem. The switches and buttons are not sealed so dust is infiltrating.

I don’t know what you think about that, but to me, it is sometimes more “efficient” to buy a used quality tool than to buy a new one that is lower end.

Thanks for reading and have fun doing woodworking.

-- Johnny Boy

View Johnny Boy's profile

Johnny Boy

View mandatory66's profile

mandatory66

#1 posted 04-30-2013 04:13 AM

Looks awesome,makes my 14” jet look like a toy. Good luck with it.

View Hawaiilad's profile

Hawaiilad

#2 posted 04-30-2013 05:58 AM

Great buy. That looks very much like the 20” Delta my neighbor bought. He paid about $2500 . Looks like you got a really good saw.

-- Larry in Hawaii,

View stefang's profile

stefang

#3 posted 05-01-2013 03:15 PM

Congratulations. It looks like an excellent saw on all accounts and at that price very economical. I agree that it is better to buy used quality rather than new lower quality at the same price. I can’t do that as there is no market for used tools where I live.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

View whope's profile

whope

#4 posted 12-20-2013 07:50 PM

Does it require 220v? Info on this tool is hard to find online.

-- Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe.

View Mike3ID's profile

Mike3ID

#5 posted 06-07-2016 01:08 PM

Anything with an induction motor over 1.75 hp hard line in the sand being 2hp on a 30amp circuit requires 220.
just draws too many amps off a single leg.