Best plate out there

Review by Gary_ posted 442 days ago 1525 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best plate out there Best plate out there No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

ColliBeck has recently manufactured a replacement throat plate for the new Delta Unisaw. After buying several of the Delta phenolic plates at $60+ and they are either twisted slightly or bowed there is finally a plate that is perfectly flat, doesn’t flex and it’s the last plate you will need to buy.

Recently I purchased a white aftermarket phenolic and having to send it back because it was bowed .014 I started looking for something better. I found it.

I run a small cabinet shop and use a stock feeder on my saw. The phenolic plates always get thin strips of wood caught between the blade and plate because of the wide opening past the blade. Not to mention the first time you make a 45 cut there goes the plate. I have been using this plate for about a month now and have rip a couple thousand feet of material now without any of these issues. The are rigid and flat. You can have an insert for dados, bevel cuts, thin kerf, full kerf at a fraction of the cost of buying separate plates. All you have to do is slide in a new insert, mark the other and put it back in when you want to make that cut again.

These are buy far the best investment you will make for this or any saw for that matter. You can find them on Amazon and Infinity Tools should have them soon also. I am sure there will be other places carrying these as well. Don’t waste your money on the phenolic plates any longer.

View Gary_'s profile

Gary_

View Bogeyguy's profile

Bogeyguy

I make my own. Cut out 5-10 at a time and replace the used ones as needed. I use 1/2” birch ply. Works nicely.

-- Art, Pittsburgh.

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

Wow for $95 I think Ill pass. That’s just about the price of a new blade!

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

I make mine as well. Scrap MDF, cost almost nothing.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.