I finally took the plunge

Review by bubbs posted 04-19-2013 04:59 PM 4604 views 1 time favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I finally took the plunge I finally took the plunge I finally took the plunge Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve been tinkering with the idea of getting a Dust Deputy for a long time. I finally took the plunge. I’m not going to say too much about it, other than I am extremely pleased with its operation. I can’t believe how well it works, and I’d recommend it to anyone. As you can see from the photos, my shop partner, Phoebe, approves as well. Her newest thing is to watch proceedings from the deep sink.

-- Cats, beer and wood...perfect.

View bubbs's profile

View Oldtool's profile

#1 posted 04-19-2013 05:12 PM

Question: Does Phoebe sit in there for safety reasons?

-- "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The point is to bring them the real facts." - Abraham Lincoln

View stevenmadden's profile

#2 posted 04-19-2013 05:53 PM

bubbs: I agree with your review. I have had the Dust Deputy for a few years now and it really does suck…

4635 posts in 2091 days

#3 posted 04-19-2013 07:06 PM

This is what I did with mine, it works very well.

View ScottStewart's profile

#4 posted 04-19-2013 10:19 PM

I have the DIY version, but I love mine.

View TheDane's profile

#5 posted 04-19-2013 11:07 PM

Bubbs … You will not be sorry. I have had mine for about 4 years now and it does a great job.

View Roadmaster's profile

#6 posted 04-19-2013 11:20 PM

I bought one a couple of months ago, and it makes a huge difference in my shop.

-- ./kevin

View DustyMark's profile

#7 posted 04-20-2013 02:14 AM

It sure helps keep the filter clean…

-- Mark, Minnesota

View 308Gap's profile

333 posts in 2046 days

#8 posted 04-20-2013 03:02 AM

Its worth every penny.

-- Thank You Veterans!

View Marty5965's profile

#9 posted 04-20-2013 03:08 AM

I love mine. Did you reinforce the top with a wooden ring? I found mine started to sag just a little from the weight of the hose after e few days so I put a piece of 3/4 ply on the inside and replaced the top through bolts with longer ones.

-- Marty, Columbus, OH, learning every day....

View bubbs's profile

#10 posted 04-20-2013 06:04 PM

Thanks for the tip Marty5965, I’ll keep an eye on it.
Oldtool…LOL I’ll have to ask her.

-- Cats, beer and wood...perfect.

View grenger's profile

#11 posted 04-26-2013 11:37 AM

when you do fine dust with the table saw does it clog the vacuum filter. Mine still clogs the filter of the vacuum works fine to pick up big chips.

-- Gerry (the beginner), Gatineau, QC, Canada

View TheDane's profile

#12 posted 04-26-2013 11:57 AM

On just about any 2-stage system, fine dust is going to end up in the filter. Some cyclones do a better job of dealing with the fine dust than others, but for the price, the Dust Deputy is about the best of the breed.

I have a HEPA filter in my Ridgid vacuum … about every other time I dump the bucket, I pull the filter out of the Ridgid, take it outside, and blow the dust out of it. Mine has never clogged.

View mjohnsonco's profile

#13 posted 05-07-2013 04:17 AM

I’m really digging the clean and simple floor caddy you have your setup on. I was on the fence about the Dust Deputy, but seeing your review (along with some others) has made me realize it’s time to throw down and get one. Short, but effective endorsement for the Dust Deputy. Thanks!

View Larry's profile

#14 posted 06-13-2013 01:59 AM

I have a dust deputy for my basement work with a old Sears vac. Now that it is warm out, I added a second dust deputy with a rigid vac. This vac is extremely quiet but yet powerful. The platform is on gray rubber casters. The vac simply rests on the platform (so I can remove it easily to use it for something else and will run on its own wheels) and the bottom bucket is screwed into the platform. This works very well and is very mobile. The dust deputy catches the vast majority of the dust and material. Very little reaches the vac and you will have on those expensive vac filters.