Ridgid MS-UV Miter Stand

Review by JerryS posted 04-16-2013 02:37 AM 3906 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid MS-UV Miter Stand Ridgid MS-UV Miter Stand Ridgid MS-UV Miter Stand Click the pictures to enlarge them

I can’t say enough good things about this stand but I’ll try and highlight all the things I like about it . First is the tubing size , it’s a whooping 1 3/4” tube , it screams heavy duty . It folds up super easy and stores nicely where ever you put it . The wheels are large and solid and roll over grass and stones with ease . The work extensions aren’t nothing fancy but will serve you well , they extend out 32” from the main part and have adjustable stops and work supports . The locks are a simple flip lever that work smoothly . There’s a nice littler tray on the main part to the right of the saw for your tape and pencils . Setting up the stand couldn’t be any easier , you just step on the foot lock and let gravity do the rest while pulling on the handles .

The entire system in the upright position basically acts and works like a hand truck , the handles above the wheels are your hand grips . To load it in my truck I just roll up to the back spin it around and lay the handles in the bed ,lift up from the bottom and slide it in . For the money you can’t beat this stand , I paid $189 at HD . The only negative are the instructions but that’s normal for Ridgid , if anyone from there is reading this , you need too work on them . Take some notes from companies like Saw Stop and Micro Jig , they both have outstanding instructions .

Some numbers if your interested : Over all length of this with both extension out is 101” . In the open position it’s 58” long and 26” wide , the widest part comes at the wheels . Height while in the vertical is 54 1/2’ tall with my miter saw it’s 32” deep .

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

#1 posted 04-16-2013 02:45 AM

Did you get the 2 or 3 HP motor?

-- Andrew - Albany. NY

View bbasiaga's profile

bbasiaga

#2 posted 04-16-2013 02:49 AM

I feel you on the instructions. I have the version of this stand for the table saw. Easier to look at the picture on the box than try and follow the directions.

I’ll also second you on the superb utility of these things. It is literally just what I needed.

-Brian

-- Part of engineering is to know when to put your calculator down and pick up your tools.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

#3 posted 04-16-2013 02:51 AM

Andy 10HP :D

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#4 posted 04-16-2013 11:39 PM

I love mine. Had it about a year. 10-4 on the instructions.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View Cajunrotor's profile

Cajunrotor

#5 posted 04-17-2013 09:54 PM

I have the older version of the MSUV and couldn’t be happier. I actually have two of them. My DeWalt 735 planer is mounted on one of them which makes storing, positioning, and setting up to use in my limited shop (garage) space a breeze. On the second MSUV, I actually have a miter saw mounted! Go figure…......picked both up on Craig’s list for considerably less than retail, but they don’t show up too often.

-- Earl

View spcbike's profile

spcbike

#6 posted 06-04-2013 09:28 PM

One of my favorite woodworking purchases!

View Randy B's profile

Randy B

#7 posted 10-01-2013 01:18 AM

I just bought my a few weeks ago and I feel that this is by far the best investment I’ve made for my shop…errr….patio. I have little space so I need everything to fit against one wall and thus I need ease of setup….and this thing truly delivers! I paid $199 at HD but I’m currently stationed in Hawaii where everything is expensive but the 10% military discount makes up for it! Ditto on the instructions too….their writers need to take a few lessons.