Grizzly is unbeatable for the money.

Review by DonLumberJohnson posted 474 days ago 6504 views 2 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly is unbeatable for the money. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Without a dial indicator and thousandths of an inch feeler gauge there is not a perceptible inaccuracy with this saw. Out of the box it is as flat and square as can be seen without a micrometer. It cuts flat the fence is square the miter gauge sucks but is good at 90 and 45. Vibration is null everywhere. I can cut 3/4 inch birch at midnight with an ultra thin kerf blade and the sound of the saw at my curb is a whisper. Also, it looks like a beast because it is, 400+Lbs of metal and torque.

This saw will beat the back out of your DeWalt.

-- Don, Roanoke VA

View DonLumberJohnson's profile

DonLumberJohnson

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

If I were in the US, I’d buy one of these – your namesake in the UK !

-- Don, Somerset UK, http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk

View Mark828's profile

Mark828

love hearing good things about this saw, should be ordering mine within the next few months

View Craftsman70's profile

Craftsman70

Congratulations on your new saw. That ones on my wish list too.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

Thanks for the review. I have owned a Grizzly saw before and didn’t have any problems with it.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View robdem's profile

robdem

Don have same saw just about two years now works great haven’t had any problems with .

View Simons44's profile

Simons44

93 posts in 2027 days

I also have and love this saw. An aftermarket miter gauge such as the osborne eb-3 resolved all problems with the insufficient one that comes with the saw.
-Jeremy

View SirGareth's profile

SirGareth

I bought this about four months ago and it has been a great saw so far.

-- Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward. - Tim, Southern California

View Bob A in NJ's profile

Bob A in NJ

I’ve got the 691 version from Grizzly and am very happy with, except one thing.

The rack and pinion blades blade height gears are just below the blade insert. After about a years worth of use, the fine sawdust was “squirshed” into the gears making raising and lowering the blade very difficult. After I determined the problem, cleaned out the “pressed in” sawdust, it was like new and the blade could be lowered and raised effortlessly. Obviously just a simple maintenance issue but be aware of it.

By the way, congratulations and enjoy your new cool tool.

-- Bob A in NJ

View Pdub's profile

Pdub

I have had this same saw for about a year now and love it!!! Congrats!

-- Paul, North Dakota, USAF Ret.

View dbray45's profile

dbray45

I have a Grizzly band saw and like it. I plan to buy a bunch of Grizzly in a little over 5 years – when I have a garage

-- David in Damascus, MD

View conwaydog's profile

conwaydog

I have a shop full of Grizzly tools and love them. Best bang for the buck hands down.

View paulzall's profile

paulzall

I’ve had this saw for a couple of years now and like it as much as ever. No problems at all since my earlier review. I’m sure you will enjoy yours as well.
—Paul

112001 posts in 2180 days

Thanks for the review ,enjoy

View Bullet's profile

Bullet

149 posts in 1933 days

Ordering mine tonight!!!

-- Anything is possible when you have no idea what you're talking about.

View Wstein's profile

Wstein

I just got mine in this week, it came in pretty accurate, but I tweaked it a little more and got it down pretty good. Now I am coming from a PC jobsite saw to this, and let me saw, it is night and day difference. I ripped from 6/4 maple and walnut today and it just hummed along like it was cutting paper. i am very happy with him so far.

-- I would offer moral support, but I have questionable morals - Me, 2005