Grizzly is unbeatable for the money.

Review by DonLumberJohnson posted 04-12-2013 06:12 AM 6951 views 2 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly is unbeatable for the money. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Without a dial indicator and thousandths of an inch feeler gauge there is not a perceptible inaccuracy with this saw. Out of the box it is as flat and square as can be seen without a micrometer. It cuts flat the fence is square the miter gauge sucks but is good at 90 and 45. Vibration is null everywhere. I can cut 3/4 inch birch at midnight with an ultra thin kerf blade and the sound of the saw at my curb is a whisper. Also, it looks like a beast because it is, 400+Lbs of metal and torque.

This saw will beat the back out of your DeWalt.

-- Don, Roanoke VA

View DonLumberJohnson's profile

DonLumberJohnson

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

#1 posted 04-12-2013 10:00 AM

If I were in the US, I’d buy one of these – your namesake in the UK !

-- Don, Somerset UK, http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk

View Mark828's profile

Mark828

#2 posted 04-12-2013 01:20 PM

love hearing good things about this saw, should be ordering mine within the next few months

View Craftsman70's profile

Craftsman70

#3 posted 04-12-2013 01:24 PM

Congratulations on your new saw. That ones on my wish list too.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#4 posted 04-12-2013 01:31 PM

Thanks for the review. I have owned a Grizzly saw before and didn’t have any problems with it.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View robdem's profile (online now)

robdem

#5 posted 04-12-2013 01:33 PM

Don have same saw just about two years now works great haven’t had any problems with .

View Simons44's profile

Simons44

#6 posted 04-12-2013 07:27 PM

I also have and love this saw. An aftermarket miter gauge such as the osborne eb-3 resolved all problems with the insufficient one that comes with the saw.
-Jeremy

View SirGareth's profile

SirGareth

#7 posted 04-13-2013 02:10 AM

I bought this about four months ago and it has been a great saw so far.

-- Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward. - Tim, Southern California

View Bob A in NJ's profile

Bob A in NJ

#8 posted 04-13-2013 02:24 PM

I’ve got the 691 version from Grizzly and am very happy with, except one thing.

The rack and pinion blades blade height gears are just below the blade insert. After about a years worth of use, the fine sawdust was “squirshed” into the gears making raising and lowering the blade very difficult. After I determined the problem, cleaned out the “pressed in” sawdust, it was like new and the blade could be lowered and raised effortlessly. Obviously just a simple maintenance issue but be aware of it.

By the way, congratulations and enjoy your new cool tool.

-- Bob A in NJ

View Pdub's profile

Pdub

#9 posted 04-15-2013 06:00 PM

I have had this same saw for about a year now and love it!!! Congrats!

-- Paul, North Dakota, USAF Ret.

View dbray45's profile

dbray45

#10 posted 04-15-2013 06:44 PM

I have a Grizzly band saw and like it. I plan to buy a bunch of Grizzly in a little over 5 years – when I have a garage

-- David in Damascus, MD

View conwaydog's profile

conwaydog

#11 posted 04-16-2013 09:46 PM

I have a shop full of Grizzly tools and love them. Best bang for the buck hands down.

View paulzall's profile

paulzall

#12 posted 04-20-2013 05:13 AM

I’ve had this saw for a couple of years now and like it as much as ever. No problems at all since my earlier review. I’m sure you will enjoy yours as well.
—Paul

#13 posted 04-20-2013 05:17 AM

Thanks for the review ,enjoy

View Bullet's profile

Bullet

150 posts in 2025 days

#14 posted 06-11-2013 07:13 PM

Ordering mine tonight!!!

-- Anything is possible when you have no idea what you're talking about.

View Wstein's profile

Wstein

#15 posted 09-13-2013 06:06 PM

I just got mine in this week, it came in pretty accurate, but I tweaked it a little more and got it down pretty good. Now I am coming from a PC jobsite saw to this, and let me saw, it is night and day difference. I ripped from 6/4 maple and walnut today and it just hummed along like it was cutting paper. i am very happy with him so far.

-- I would offer moral support, but I have questionable morals - Me, 2005