Stumpy Nubs Entertaining Review: Rockler Bench Cookies & Accessories P2

Review by StumpyNubs posted 04-10-2013 12:56 PM 1443 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Stumpy Nubs Entertaining Review: Rockler Bench Cookies & Accessories P2 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

NOTE: This is part TWO of this review. I couldn’t seem to post four videos on one review page. Please see part ONE here before viewing part two.

The third video features the sawhorse clip attachments…

And finally the finishing cone accessories…

Now, in case you didn’t get it from the videos, here’s my written review of the Bench Cookies and Accessories:

I love these little hockey pucks, and not just because they have the word “cookie” in the name. Although that helps, which is why I also love Kevin Bacon and the band “Cake”. But Bench Cookies are my favorite because they keep stuff put. I especially like to use them while sanding and routing. The neoprene surfaces keep the work piece from sliding across the bench.

Now, other brands make these things, and they work well too. I especially like the Craftsman version which has an even more grippy surface. But the Bench Cookies have threaded inserts in the bottoms that allow for the attachment of accessories. The risers are the best, which lift the work piece higher off the bench for tasks like jig sawing, etc. The finishing cones are nice too. The sawhorse clips are a fantastic idea!

Overall I find the Bench Cookies to be very high quality, in fact they appear to be the best made of all the brands. The neoprene surfaces are well attached, the threaded inserts are steel, and the accessories are very well made too. I have no problem giving these the full five stars.

Thanks for checking out the review! Now go check out the NEW Stumpynubs.com website where you can watch dozens of episodes of Blue Collar Woodworking, countless video tips and reviews, get project plans and lots more!

#1 posted 04-10-2013 01:21 PM

I have NO IDEA why the videos above are not playing. If I post one on the thread, it works fine. Doesn’t matter which one. If I place two, they don’t work. If I place three they all work. if I place all four, two of them work. Hopefully this gets cleared up because it appears to be on the LJ end.

Until then you can watch them all here- at Stumpynubs.com

View Lwin's profile

Lwin

#2 posted 04-22-2013 03:54 AM

Don’t worry about it, you will find other ways to shamelessly promote yourself I’m sure!

#3 posted 04-22-2013 01:21 PM

You’re a breath of fresh air. How you go invest a few thousand dollars in filming and editing equipment, then spend 12 hours a day teaching about woodworking. Then you’ll know a bit more about what you’re talking about.