Customer Service!!!

Review by PatrickB posted 04-04-2013 10:29 PM 1548 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Customer Service!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently placed an order with Highland for two bandsaw blades. A 1/2” and a 3/4” woodslicer but had accidentally two 3/4” Woodslicers instead. About a day after the order was placed I received a call from HighLand about my order asking if I really wanted two blades the exact same or was it a mistake. I meant to order a 1/2” and the 3/4”, who calls to double check an order these days? Even if I had wanted two 3/4” blades the same it’s nice to know they care enough to make sure it wasn’t a mistake, even if it means loosing money.
Thanks HighLand Woodworking
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

View Grandpa's profile

Grandpa

#1 posted 04-05-2013 12:24 AM

Nice to know people like this exist. Thanks for sharing

View madts's profile

madts

#2 posted 04-05-2013 12:40 AM

Highland is pretty darn good. A+

-- Thor and Odin are still the greatest of Gods.

View Woodmaster1's profile

Woodmaster1

#3 posted 04-05-2013 12:41 AM

I have always liked dealing with them. I had a problem processing an online order one phone call and it was taken care of. I actually talked to a real person.

View danr's profile

danr

#4 posted 04-05-2013 02:28 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I ordered and received a 3/4 woodslicer and was EXTREMELY impressed with the re-saw performance of the blade.
I will continue to be a customer.

View Schoey's profile

Schoey

#5 posted 04-05-2013 02:38 AM

I’m fortunate to live 1/2 hr. from Highland. What a wonderful group of people, and such an awesome store.

112059 posts in 2227 days

#6 posted 04-05-2013 02:42 AM

That is good service

View DaleM's profile

DaleM

913 posts in 2033 days

#7 posted 04-05-2013 02:42 AM

I bought my bandsaw from them a few years agao and had great service when I called to verify when the truck was scheduled to arrive.

-- Dale Manning, Carthage, NY

View live4ever's profile

live4ever

#8 posted 04-05-2013 05:32 AM

Curious if anyone is putting the 3/4” Woodslicer on a 14” Grizzly or similar? I love the 1/2” woodslicers but wouldn’t mind wider for resawing. Just always heard the 14” clone saws can’t tension 3/4” properly without possible warping of the frame…

-- Optimists are usually disappointed. Pessimists are either right or pleasantly surprised. I tend to be a disappointed pessimist.

#9 posted 04-05-2013 10:30 AM

I have had nothing but great service from them as well. Glad to see there still keeping the high standard going.

View JeremyPringle's profile

JeremyPringle

#10 posted 04-06-2013 02:51 AM

I was in Atlanta for a business trip a few weeks ago, first stop after getting off the airplane? Highland! Those guys were awesome, I had a lot of fun talking to them all and what a cool store.

View Jorge G.'s profile

Jorge G.

#11 posted 04-06-2013 04:33 PM

I buy exclusively from them. I used to go with LV but their shipping has gotten out of hand. Woodcraft is also good to deal with, although when I bought my Earlex sprayer I had a problem with the gun and the tech who spoke to me not only sounded a bit put out, but treated me like I was a moron. Nevertheless they came through and replaced the gun.

-- To surrender a dream leaves life as it is — and not as it could be.

#12 posted 04-06-2013 09:36 PM

Also saved you on making a subsequent order for the 1/2” blade, great service

-- Norman

View Luke's profile

Luke

538 posts in 1943 days

#13 posted 04-07-2013 02:47 PM

We must keep in mind that service of this caliber is quite difficult and expensive to do. I would not expect this kind of service from any company in the world. In fact I wouldn’t even call it good service. Someone must have had a hunch and made the call of their own accord. I know the guys down there so I’m wondering who it could have been. I assume that lots of woodworkers out there would order two bandsaw blades at the same time? I just broke a blade on mine the other day and it was fairly new, so having another ready to go would have been great! Glad you got the right item! Highland is the best woodworking store.

-- LAS, http://www.abettersign.com

View RockyTopScott's profile

RockyTopScott

#14 posted 04-07-2013 09:34 PM

I dropped in there several weeks ago traveling thru Atlanta.

Very nice and helpful people.

What a great candy shop they have there.

-- “When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#15 posted 04-10-2013 07:33 PM

That’s a good business with them. I have an online supplier too who do few follow up calls ,just checking if my blades are working fine. Thanks for sharing.