Good Dust Separation

Review by scarpenter002 posted 03-30-2013 01:52 AM 5191 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Dust Separation Good Dust Separation Good Dust Separation Click the pictures to enlarge them

UPDATED 09/11/2015
Ordered a mini cyclone for attachment to my shop vac. The kit is currently on sale, $20 off, which basically covers the shipping.

The box shipped via UPS and arrived exactly one week after ordering. When it arrived, I was fearful that my merchandise might be damaged, as the side of the box was caved in. But ClearVue had done a great job of packaging, putting all the pieces inside of the two 5 gallon buckets, nested together.

Assembly was quick and easy, taking only about 5 minutes. The instructions were complete, accurate, and easy to follow.

The Product in Action
I sucked up a pile of dust, containing both saw dust and very fine drywall powder. It did an excellent job of separating out the dust into the bucket, with very little dust making it to the vacuum.

I like the lower profile of this unit, vs. the Dust Deputy, in what I would perceive as providing more stability, as well as the larger connection point of the cyclone to the lid.

Though I have only had this product a couple of days, I am very impressed so far, and can’t wait to put it through the paces, hooked up to my tracksaw or palm sander.

Thanks for reading.

Having used this in excess of a year now, I have decided to knock it down to 4 stars. The design allows too much dust to settle on the baffle at the bottom of the cyclone, allowing it to make it’s way to the vacuum, hence, the vacuum’s filter. I notice that ClearVue has modified their design since my purchase. Lets hope that the new design is more efficient.

-- Scott in Texas

View scarpenter002's profile

#1 posted 03-31-2013 04:32 PM

Cool and congrats, these work really well…. Enjoy….

View Béla's profile

#2 posted 04-03-2013 05:26 PM

I’ve had one for about 6 months now. Ditto on everything Scott said. Perhaps the biggest advantage of this and similar small cyclones is that one can use a real HEPA filter without having to de-clog it every 5 minutes. Getting rid of the really fine dust (of sub-micron size) is optimal for your lungs.

-- Béla, Memphis TN