Nice Addition for a DeWALT TrackSaw

Review by scarpenter002 posted 03-25-2013 12:04 AM 2950 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Nice Addition for a DeWALT TrackSaw Nice Addition for a DeWALT TrackSaw Nice Addition for a DeWALT TrackSaw Click the pictures to enlarge them

For Christmas this year, I purchased a DeWALT TrackSaw (Review pending) and decided to add on the Router Adapter. I purchased it from Woodcraft, as they had all the items I wanted and also a 10% off sale in December. I paid $53.99, saving $6 with the sale.

Shipping:
The box was direct shipped from DeWALT and arrived in great shape via UPS.

Compatibility
This attachment not only fits most DeWALT models, but also has adapters to fit the Porter-Cable 690 & 890.

Use
I have only used this adapter for one job, but it was to make 55, 8’ long grooves in plywood siding. So far I am very impressed with this device. It has adjustments on the guide groove to tighten down the adapter on the track. It also has adjustment on both the track end and router end of the device, as well a micro adjuster to move it closer or further from the track.

Cons
Currently the only con I have identified, is that this adapter did not support my PC691. (D-Handle base) Luckily I had a standard base that I purchased to mount my 691 under a router table many years ago, but had never used.

I would recommend this adapter to anyone who has a DeWALT TrackSaw. There are many ways to route a straight line, but the control provided by this device is very nice.

-- Scott in Texas

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#1 posted 03-26-2013 08:42 AM

That’ll work… Very nice set up for accurate dados.

View scarpenter002's profile

scarpenter002

#2 posted 03-26-2013 11:59 AM

Yes, it worked great for long repeated cuts. Think I will get the miter attachment next so I can create repeated dado’s more quickly. Thanks for reading.

-- Scott in Texas