No Batteries Required

Review by cutworm posted 475 days ago 1466 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
No Batteries Required No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

If you have power handy in your shop this little drill is great. The clutch has 24 settings for driving screws and it has good torque for driving at slow speeds. I have power right at my bench so it works great for me. About the only thing it lacks is a high-low speed switch. I paid $20 for a reconditioned one and will be using it most of the time instead of my battery drill. Best of all – No more dead batteries in the middle of a project.

View abie's profile

abie

Right on,
Batteries cost as much as a drill with cord.
save the battery ones for long disting drilling.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.

View Airframer's profile

Airframer

I have the same drill because I got tired of waiting on batteries to charge in order to finish things. Love it and it gets the job done nicely.

-- Eric - http://theidiotgaloot.com

View woodbutcherbynight's profile

woodbutcherbynight

Keep an eye out at the pawn shops. I work next to one and they come over all the time with drills in good shape with cord issues. An easy fix for most and they usually go for $10-15. It seems everyone thinks batteries last forever and the outlet is bad thing. (laughing)

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

I’ve found that I take my corded drill with me on jobs ‘in case’ I run out of battery juice. More torque as well.

View lepelerin's profile

lepelerin

I had been using this drill for a couple of years, got it for $30 with a compound miter saw at a refurbished store. Love it. The battery for my dewalt is dead, so I am not using it anymore, batteries are too expensive. Great buy.

cutworm

I made a pegboard holder for mine and added a speed-load adapter.

View 9FINGERTIM's profile

9FINGERTIM

every cordless drill you see at any garage sale or flea market or pawn shop,count on it having a battery with just enough charge to sell it and the new replacement costs far too much or is no longer available.we all have piles of those little black c harging plugs and most of em dont tell you the brand of tool they go to.i have that same drill and it works just great and never goes dead after putting in 20 drywall screws(someday IM going to put one in drywall) Come to think of it Ive never had a corded drill die, and some ive had for thirty years or more

-- TIM, FLORIDA

10-4 on that Tim.

View Dakkar's profile

Dakkar

My love affair with cordless drills subsided after a few years of battery rundowns and sluggish power. I keep a couple of corded VS drills plugged in and ready at two benches. Between these and the drill press, I rarely use my cordless, actually. They’ve always got ample power and torque to do what I want.

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

This is the best bang for the buck ever. I bought one new from HD for something like $35 looking for a smaller drill to fit into a tight spot thinking if it crapped out soon it was cheap enough. I used it with a dowelmax jig to dowel, pre-drill, and screw my workbench together (some 400 holes by the time I was done) and it’s still going strong.