Jig saw replacment

Review by GMman posted 05-19-2008 03:25 PM 1795 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jig saw replacment No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Jig saw replacement….this specially for buddy rtb. Cut-out tool ,you can get the complete kit a Sears…Sears calls it the all in one cutting tool

View GMman's profile

GMman

View runngt's profile

runngt

#1 posted 05-19-2008 04:09 PM

Have looked at those before, I think the orginal was called rotozip. Don’t know if it’s a replacement but a good tool to have around the shop.

runngt

-- It seem's I just make scrap wood and saw dust most of the time !

View GMman's profile

GMman

#2 posted 05-19-2008 04:22 PM

To me with those new tools coming out I can t see why someone would want to still use a jigsaw?

View leonmcd's profile

leonmcd

#3 posted 05-19-2008 04:57 PM

My experience with this type of tool (I have a Ryobi not Sears) it that it is great for soft stuff like sheetrock but not so good for real wood. Most of the ads/demos I’ve seen show it being used to do cutouts in sheetrock. The “blade” is not really a blade – looks like a drill bit. I have cut 1/2” MDF with it and it is ok. Also cut 1/4” hardboard and it was ok for that too. With hardwood it was very slow and broke a few bits.

I have a 20yr old jigsaw I’m not ready to trade in yet.

-- Leon -- Houston, TX - " I create all my own designs and it looks like it "

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#4 posted 05-19-2008 10:33 PM

thanks for the review. I have a dewalt rotozip and with a good cutter in there i’ve gone through 1/2” mahogany no problem. mine also has a 1/4’ collet so if i needed to i could put router bits in it.