Ultra gem from HF

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 404 days ago 2934 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ultra gem from HF Ultra gem from HF Ultra gem from HF Click the pictures to enlarge them

We all know you don’t buy a trailer hitch or a parachute from harbor Freight if they sold it and the list can be pretty long.
And we all know there’s been more than few times we have lost it with misaligned part or missing screw or 5 minute life span tools.
But then there are times like these when you are willing to forgive and forget and besides where else can a lumber jock hang out and even feel slightly in control of cash flow.
I found these gems few years back ( available online ?) and I must say these are Awesome.
Adjustable, Foldable, carry-able, and I mean. Solid as in 5 star….All is forgiven HF until next time.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

653 posts in 2015 days

View RobertT's profile

RobertT

Never tried those but these sawhorse from Menards are on sale all the time. Add a 2 by to the top and you cant beat em. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools/work-support/folding-steel-sawhorse/p-1460944-c-10164.htm

View foneman's profile

foneman

Do your sawhorses have an item number on them?

OH, and I DO use the HF trailer hitch without any problems whatsoever and that is pulling a fully loaded U-haul tandem axle trailer multiple times.

Thanks,
john

View Bigjoemann's profile

Bigjoemann

View Sawdust2's profile

Sawdust2

Looked it up. Thanks.
90 day warranty. LOL

-- No piece is cut too short. It was meant for a smaller project.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

Nice. Thanks.

-- "Actions speak louder than words but not nearly as often." - Mark Twain

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

Not a bad looking kit. I’d be tempted to attach a 2×4 to the top of the horse. I’d hate for a tool/blade to come into contact with the metal top.

View BigAl98's profile

BigAl98

I got the ones that Menard sells. Not saying they are better, but with a 2×4 on top they work too. Also they sort of nest together,even with the 2×4. I have had them for over 10 years, and they look brand new – no rust on ‘em either. And for the price they are a great value.

-- Al,New Jersey -To thine own self be true

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

I guess I should return that parachute I bought there yesterday..

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

Brad, has it let you down?

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View mgbbob's profile

mgbbob

I have used mine on numerous projects and the HFs work great….......and yes they have survived an encounter with my circular saw. My bad. I plan on adding some 2×4s. I love the adjustable height and have even used the units as outfeed tables for my table saw with sheet of plywood on top.

Bob