Ultra gem from HF

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 03-16-2013 12:01 AM 3294 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ultra gem from HF Ultra gem from HF Ultra gem from HF Click the pictures to enlarge them

We all know you don’t buy a trailer hitch or a parachute from harbor Freight if they sold it and the list can be pretty long.
And we all know there’s been more than few times we have lost it with misaligned part or missing screw or 5 minute life span tools.
But then there are times like these when you are willing to forgive and forget and besides where else can a lumber jock hang out and even feel slightly in control of cash flow.
I found these gems few years back ( available online ?) and I must say these are Awesome.
Adjustable, Foldable, carry-able, and I mean. Solid as in 5 star….All is forgiven HF until next time.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

View RobertT's profile

RobertT

#1 posted 03-16-2013 01:11 AM

Never tried those but these sawhorse from Menards are on sale all the time. Add a 2 by to the top and you cant beat em. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools/work-support/folding-steel-sawhorse/p-1460944-c-10164.htm

View foneman's profile

foneman

#2 posted 03-16-2013 02:28 AM

Do your sawhorses have an item number on them?

OH, and I DO use the HF trailer hitch without any problems whatsoever and that is pulling a fully loaded U-haul tandem axle trailer multiple times.

Thanks,

Sawdust2

#4 posted 03-16-2013 01:05 PM

Looked it up. Thanks.
90 day warranty. LOL

-- No piece is cut too short. It was meant for a smaller project.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#5 posted 03-17-2013 12:15 AM

Nice. Thanks.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#6 posted 03-17-2013 02:04 AM

Not a bad looking kit. I’d be tempted to attach a 2×4 to the top of the horse. I’d hate for a tool/blade to come into contact with the metal top.

View BigAl98's profile

BigAl98

#7 posted 03-17-2013 03:51 PM

I got the ones that Menard sells. Not saying they are better, but with a 2×4 on top they work too. Also they sort of nest together,even with the 2×4. I have had them for over 10 years, and they look brand new – no rust on ‘em either. And for the price they are a great value.

-- Al,New Jersey -To thine own self be true

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

#8 posted 03-18-2013 12:49 AM

I guess I should return that parachute I bought there yesterday..

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3790 posts in 2056 days

#9 posted 03-18-2013 04:42 AM

Brad, has it let you down?

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View mgbbob's profile

mgbbob

#10 posted 03-21-2013 02:48 PM

I have used mine on numerous projects and the HFs work great….......and yes they have survived an encounter with my circular saw. My bad. I plan on adding some 2×4s. I love the adjustable height and have even used the units as outfeed tables for my table saw with sheet of plywood on top.

Bob