Gorilla Grip gloves

Review by DouginVa posted 529 days ago 1785 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Gorilla Grip gloves No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was at the local Home Deposit the other day and as I was walking out I saw these gloves on an end cap, and they caught my eye. They were only $4.95 and were very light weight with a elastic mesh back and a rubber palm and fingers. They dont’ restrict your movement like lates gloves or heavier finishing gloves do. They actually feel like thin soft cottom gloves you see photo processors use, or curators in a fine museam to protect the work from oily skin, etc.

I don’t know about you but working with wood sucks the moisture right out of my skin and all winter long I’m dealing with cracked finger tips, sometimes so bad I’ve got to put Neosporin on the open crack over night just to get them to heal.

I’ve been using these gloves for a few days now and love them. It may be too soon to tell right now but even if they don’t last it was worth the $5 to me.

DouginVa

Oh yeah, and they slide right on and right off. Not like latex gloves where you almost need to peel them off your hand.

View Don Johnson's profile

Don Johnson

Talking about skin cracking, if you can get Sudocrem where you are, I can recommend it for use after each woodworking session to prevent cracks. Just a little dab rubbed in after washing your hands does the job.

Its actually mainly aimed at preventing Nappy (Diaper ?) Rash, but it works brilliantly for me – it was the skin around my fingernails that used to split giving pain out of all proportion to the size of the cracks.

-- Don, Somerset UK, http://www.donjohnson24.co.uk

View camps764's profile

camps764

May have to check these out…my fingers crack something terrible in the winter.

-- Steve. Visit my website http://www.campbellwoodworking.com

View GaryL's profile

GaryL

I have a stash of these in my shop, truck and my work trailer. They are great for the money and last longer than you would think.

-- Gary; Marysville, MI...Involve your children in your projects as much as possible, the return is priceless.

View RonInOhio's profile

RonInOhio

Those look and sound alot like the Stanley Utility Plus gloves I got a few months back for about the same price.

Nice glove. Latex coated on the outside (bottom of palm and fingers) and a warm inner cotton lining. Supple and tight enough so you can use your fingers to hold nails for nailing, etc.

Plus they keep your hands warm working in temps below 35 degrees. Kept wearing out the fingers in the 2 dollar cotton gloves and they weren’t nearly as warm as the Stanley’s.

View elduque's profile

elduque

Oh, yeah. These gloves are great. I use them for yard work, car repairs, even double-end bag boxing training. Gorilla glue, gloves, and the best duct tape on the market.

View JesseTutt's profile

JesseTutt

Would you use them when your hands are close to power tools?

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

DouginVa

Definately…...already have. They are form fitting, stretchy, with no loose msterial dangling about.

View lumberjoe's profile

lumberjoe

Gloves can be the difference between booboos and amputations. You will never catch me wearing a pair of gloves around power tools. It doesn’t matter how tight fitting they are

-- www.etsy.com/shop/KandJWoodCrafts

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

Great review! I have worn out two pairs of these. I like them a lot due to the form fitting and the great grip. My hands are very dry and they slip when handling wood. I will use the gloves when handling lumber and working on the table saw, jointer or chop saw..but never with any spinning tools like routers or drills and drill presses. I tried the grip tape I saw on Lee Valley’s website and that works great for fingertip grip, but it doesn’t protect your hands from the wood or splinters.

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248