Fast and Easy.

Review by Odiferous posted 538 days ago 1675 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Fast and Easy. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I don’t recall if I saw this review first, or if I bought it based solely on the glowing reviews on Amazon, but I love this saw, and the ~$15 bucks I paid for it was well spent.

To explain what it feels like every time I use this saw: I grew up in a house with mismatched kitchen knives that were in a drawer with all of the other cooking utensils, and they had never been sharpened. I was in my twenties the first time I used a new kitchen knife—I’d had no idea what I was missing.

I thought using a handsaw was a slow, tiring, last resort process. I’ve had this saw for almost a year now and it still amazes me how quickly, easily, and accurately it cuts. It feels comfortable in my hand, and for a novice at least, using it feels natural in a way that push saws never have.

View Odiferous's profile

Odiferous

View waho6o9's profile (online now)

waho6o9

Money well spent, I appreciate pull saws as well.

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

It’s a pretty good saw for the price. I think I got mine for $13 from Sears because they were trying to get rid of them. I typically use it for cutting boards to length, but not fine work. And my saw has already lost a couple of its teeth, but it still works fine.

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

View pauldye's profile

pauldye

Yes, I got mine at Sears 10+ years ago. I still use it regularly, but I try not to abuse it with hardwood crosscuts. I originally used it for repairs at a rental house I maintained. Now, I use it for cutting boards to rough size, when I don’t want to get out the circular saw. The Japanese pullsaws are worth it, because it is not difficult to get a good crosscut.

View Rxmpo's profile

Rxmpo

Have this saw and agree with review. For the price a great, quick and easy saw.

View Dakkar's profile

Dakkar

I’ve had a Shark dovetail saw for years and love it. The only thing I don’t like is that the replacement blades cost about as much as the saws. When it finally gives out I’ll probably just buy another saw—possibly the Irwin version. Anyway, you’ve got me thinking I need this one, too.