excellent customer service

Review by DAC posted 412 days ago 1433 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
excellent customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had some issues getting it not to orange peel and solved that then bubbles. I tlaked to Tom at the factory and he was more than helpful. We discussed tempuarte, drying times, and the type and brand of spray gun. As my Iwata is about 10 years old it is not up to doing the water based products. It is a gravity fed gun and built in the days when oil based is all you could get. I have 4 tip sizes. 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 all of which do a fine job on oil based products. Drying time is an issue, where I live and the relative temps even when applying by brush.
Tom sent me a quart and some dry time extender which I have received. He even thre in a few foam back sanding pads 220 grit.
After discusing gun types I decided to buy a pressure pot gun. Asturo as the price was not to damadging to my budget. I should see this in a week from now. 03/03/2013. I will then report back as to how this is turning out.
The woods being sprayed is Cocobolo table top with Wenge frame and yes I cleaned and sealed the woods before applying the finish coat. The picture does not do the table justice. Also there is a draw not shown. the draw is Wenge with Cocobolo. I glued a small sheet, 3/8 thick of Cocobolo onto a 3/8 thick piece of Wenge then routed the edge

-- ZAP

View DAC's profile

DAC

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

FWIW, I spray my waterborne with a 1.2 needle. I really don’t think it’s the gun…

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View DAC's profile

DAC

After 10 years I know there have been improvements made an gun design plus it gave me the excuse I needed for a brand new pressure pot system. That and being able to spray upside down is a real plus.

-- ZAP

Love this finish…Use it all the time Glad its working out fo you!

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

I hear that. :)
Nothing like a new toy in the shop.

I’d save the old gun for shellac and dyes.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.