Etekcity 3 Pack Wireless Controlled Outlet socket with remote

Review by MT_Stringer posted 02-17-2013 10:59 PM 2703 views 7 times favorited 33 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Etekcity 3 Pack Wireless Controlled Outlet socket with remote Etekcity 3 Pack Wireless Controlled Outlet socket with remote No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought these in Jan 2013 and so far everything has worked better than I anticipated. Originally, I bought a single unit but it worked so well that I ordered the three pack.

The first one is hooked up to the shop vac/Dust Deputy.
The second one is connected to a box fan/filter combo.
The third one is connected to my 2hp Harbor Freight Dust collector! :-) I have started/stopped the DC at least 20 times so far.

I have had no issues with the remote starting or stopping any of the three machines.

Now, let me make this perfectly clear that I am working in a one car garage so the remote doesn’t have to reach more than about 15 feet.

Here is a link the Amazon page where I bought the package.

If I have any problems, I will update this review.

View jayman7's profile

jayman7

#1 posted 02-18-2013 01:24 AM

Thanks for the heads up! That’s a great price to control 3 tools. The one I’ve seen in Woodcraft is $70+ to control just one tool.

#2 posted 02-18-2013 02:05 AM

Thanks jayman. My garage/shop is crowded and the remotes make it easy to operate the tools. Yeah, I am still amazed how well it works with the DC system.

View Mark Davisson's profile

Mark Davisson

494 posts in 1974 days

#3 posted 02-18-2013 02:20 AM

Wow! What a find!

You said you only needed a 15-foot range, but have you tested it to see how far you can go? The Amazon description indicates a 150-foot range.

-- I'm selfless because it feels so good!

#4 posted 02-18-2013 02:46 AM

Best I can do today – 60 feet through two walls. The dust collector started with no problem.

View revanson11's profile

revanson11

#5 posted 02-18-2013 02:14 PM

Doesn’t your 2 Hp DC require 220 volt to operate? I don’t see that any of these devices support 220. Am I missing something?

-- Randy, Central MN

View shelly_b's profile

shelly_b

#6 posted 02-18-2013 02:23 PM

I have 2 sets of these! One from menards and one from our local hardware store. I love them! I have one on my shop vac, and one on my planer since the switch is fried lol. I got the second set after the first b/c I had already asked our hardware store to order it, then I ended up goign to menards the next day…the major difference is the more expensive has more room for you to plug something else into the outlet. Cheaper, if you try to put a 3prong in the outlet with it, there isn’t room.

View JesseTutt's profile

JesseTutt

#7 posted 02-18-2013 03:31 PM

Looks like a good product. Now if they would only make one for 220v devices.

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

#8 posted 02-18-2013 04:33 PM

Hi shellyb , I have one on my shop vac, and one on my planer since the switch is fried” _
Just so you’ll know , if someone else in your neighborhood has a remote operating on the same frequency as yours , it’s possible that you could get injured with your planer. Please unplug it until you’re ready to use it or get the switch replaced : ) Take care.

#9 posted 02-18-2013 05:33 PM

Thanks for the Review

#10 posted 02-18-2013 05:44 PM

@Randy – 110v. Look at the out of focus picture. :-( Two of the switches (box fan and shop vac) are plugged into a 110v outlet strip. The DC is plugged into a dedicated 110v 20 amp circuit.

#11 posted 02-18-2013 05:50 PM

Thanks for the info about the DC. Is there a maximum amp rating listed on the remote.

#12 posted 02-18-2013 05:57 PM

23 amp 12v

View Howie's profile

Howie

#13 posted 02-18-2013 06:00 PM

Based on this post I went to HD today and bought a Westek Model RFK306LC and tried it on my HF d/c.
It works fine. The funny part(ok not so funny) is the 60.00 one I have (from WC’s) will not work on my HF d/c but will work on the Delta 1hp for my router.(it states not for over 1-1/2hp)
My thanks to MT, you saved me about 40 bucks at least.
Good post.

-- Life is good.

#14 posted 02-18-2013 06:20 PM

Looks like I now know what to buy for my DC , thanks to you .
Thank you , MT , and have a great day : )

View blockhead's profile

blockhead

1451 posts in 1965 days

#15 posted 02-20-2013 06:45 PM

Just what I need, thanks for the review MT

-- Brad, Oregon- The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.