Rockler Clamp Racks

Review by Ken90712 posted 02-10-2013 11:32 PM 2450 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler Clamp Racks Rockler Clamp Racks Rockler Clamp Racks Click the pictures to enlarge them

Like a lot of us on here space is an issue & you can never have Enough Clamps, LOL. I had made this clamp rack back in Dec 09. Sure doesn’t seem that long ago that I made this project. While it was very effective the spacing was a little too wide and not as efficient as I would have liked. Even with the extra beefy hinges there is a little sagging. One day I will rebuild this whole thing out of stronger wood like oak as pine was just what I happened to have extra at the time.

Rockler had these metal clamp racks on sale, I have looked at them before and thought they might be worth picking up. While I could make them out of wood, for roughly 12 bucks I figured I would give a cpl a try. I have to say there work great and the spacing is perfect. I have stored all my clamps on the rack after redoing 2 of the shelves with the metal brackets. I did have to make to small ones out of wood as my rack was wider than the brackets but no big deal.

You might want to ck them out.

The only problem is when I buy more clamps will have to change it up some. But that’s a good problem to have.
Thx for looking.

Again, COOL job!

View lew's profile

lew

#2 posted 02-11-2013 12:19 AM

Clamp holders are nice! Tattoos even nicer ;^)

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Roger's profile

#3 posted 02-11-2013 02:30 AM

Nuttin better than a good pair o Daisy-Dukes…................ Oh, yea, and nice clamps

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View JR_Dog's profile

JR_Dog

#4 posted 02-11-2013 03:14 AM

Uhhhhh, I believe the “Racks” are facing the other way… however I’m not complaining.

The thing that holds clamps is kewl too; what do that call that again?

View cosmicturner's profile

cosmicturner

#5 posted 02-11-2013 04:00 AM

I have the one for the K body type clamps and really like them! and thinking about getting the one for my pipe clamps next…

-- Cosmicturner

#6 posted 02-11-2013 06:17 PM

Thx everyone, Joe I think when I redo mine I will be using a Piano Hinge instead or the regular hinges & I will use oak instead of pine. Even with stiffeners the pine just flexes too much. When I first built this I wasn’t sure how effective or if I would like it so I used pine I had in the shop. But being it has served me well since 09 when I get time I will rebuild the whole thing but I will use these racks from Rockler, saves time from the wood ones I made originally.

View justoneofme's profile

justoneofme

#7 posted 02-11-2013 10:31 PM

Sure wish my clamps were set up so neat and tidy looking as yours Ken!

-- Elaine in Duncan

#8 posted 02-11-2013 11:44 PM

Thx so much,,,, They’re neat but notice all the glue on them. I never understood who some Lumberjocks are so clean. Mine are a mess. I think they photo shop there or never use them LOL I’m jealous can you tell.

View juniorjock's profile

juniorjock

1930 posts in 2483 days

#9 posted 02-11-2013 11:49 PM

Looks good. Like the others, I wish mine were in that order. . . . . I think they call the tats “tramp stamps”. Don’t ask how I know.

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#10 posted 02-13-2013 02:23 PM

Another hot tip. I used these to organize and hang my (primarily HF) clamps. These were originally made to hang probes and test leads for electronics.

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

#11 posted 02-13-2013 02:40 PM

Very cool, Thx for the info and site. I like it… Always interesting to find other sites people use and what I can get from them. Enjoy the morning.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#12 posted 02-13-2013 04:58 PM

Thanks for the tip. Nice neat storage.

helluvawreck aka Charles