Discount code makes it well worth the price!

Review by StumpyNubs posted 562 days ago 2016 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Discount code makes it well worth the price! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ll keep this simple. Popular Woodworking is running a special deal on their online e-book subscriptions. For ten bucks a month (half off) you get full access to back issues of both Popular Woodworking and Woodworking magazines, plus tons of great books that usually cost a bundle. I subscribed because I learn a lot from reading stuff like this, and the price was too good to pass up. It’s a limited time thing, so if you’re interested, you’d better get on it!

Here’s what I like best:

-Back issues of Popular Woodworking Magazine- This is great. I’ve been a subscriber of the magazine for a while and love it. So getting to read 13 years of back issues is right up my alley. They say they will add more soon as well.

-Back issues of Woodworking Magazine- I also like this magazine, but there are only 16 issues. Still, a great resource.

-E-Books- This is virtually every book they’ve ever offered- over 170 in all.

I know I am sounding like a paid spokesman for Popular Woodworking, but that’s not the case. I am just really pleased with the content you get for the price. I think it’s well worth subscribing for a month. If you aren’t satisfied, you’re only out $10. As for me, I got my ten bucks worth the first day!

Here's the link. And when you checkout you have to enter the code: lockinhalfoff

Enjoy!

(I gave it four stars because, while I am very happy with it, it’s not like this is a cure for cancer or anything. I think we need to have some perspective on these five star ratings…)

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

View Roger Clark aka Rex's profile

Roger Clark aka Rex

6940 posts in 2061 days

It is a sweet deal Stumpy, I subscribed.

Thanks for the heads up.

-- Roger-R, Republic of Texas. "Always look on the Bright Side of Life" - An eyeball to eyeball confrontation with a blind person is as complete waste of Time.

View karl roth's profile

karl roth

thanks
k

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

The code works on yearly subscriptions as well bringing the monthly cost down to $6.21 a month or $74.50 a year.

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View JesseTutt's profile

JesseTutt

How are the printing abilities? If they give you full size patterns can you print them and will they be full size?

Also, I got the same e-mail and if you pay the yearly subscription it is only $75 per year which equates to less than 7.50 per month.

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

That really does look like a great deal. Thanks, Stumpy.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View BassHunter's profile

BassHunter

Anyone know if the books download to the Ipad to read when you are not connected to the net? If so, I am going to order it…will make for great reading time at our cabin (no internet)...

Just found it on their site…have to be connected to read the content with this subscription…oh well, may still order it…

-- If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

View DocSavage45's profile

DocSavage45

My wife would love it. She has the color Kindle and an e-pad as well as my brother. It’s crazy but I love the tactile feel of reading my paperback books. Can we all say dinosaure!(sp?0 LOL!

-- Cau Haus Designs, Thomas J. Tieffenbacher

View BassHunter's profile

BassHunter

Update – I did subscribe and it seems that once you download a book to the ipad, you can read it offline….Great deal!

-- If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

View StumpyNubs's profile

StumpyNubs

I like paper too, but until they figure out a way to send me all of their books and back issues in paper form for $10 a month, I’m going to have to settle for e-books.

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

I signed up for the year subscription.. The wife is really gonna be angry. I still think it will be worth it as I am just beggining my woodworking adventure.

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

Sweet thx for the info…..Ill ck it out….

View brentmore's profile

brentmore

Just signed up – hard to beat the half off deal, especially with their vast library!

-- Brent, http://www.brentmorelabs.com

View Roger's profile

I think I’ve got the same email. Haven’t acted on it just yet

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View lashing's profile

lashing

Cool. I signed up for the year. I really dont like reading on the computer but thats a good price and I let myself splurge on anything education. Beats looking at a pile of magazines that eventually have to be taken to the curb on recycling day. Which happens every year around here. I dont want to do it but I dont want to be one of those guys with a musty house of old magazines either. Its usually right after I decide to build something I saw and now dont have the reference.