I have to agree

Review by motownjg posted 578 days ago 2709 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
I have to agree No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just received my Grizzly $140 router table and its all I could ask for after having tried to make my own router table and ending up with a bowed/warped tabletop with no fence.

The black powder coated lets and braces were stuck to the paper inserts meant to keep the pieces apart, but I think that is a minor complaint given the value of the overall package.

Once put together, I now have a fully functional router table with fence and insert plate. Assembly was very easy. Although it looks like UPS dropped the package on one end, the table suffered no more than cosmetic damage as far as I can tell. I certainly wouldn’t return it and look forward to using it with my old, 1980’s Craftsman router. Best value out there best as I can tell.

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

nice.

how long have you been using this router table?
seeing that it got a 5 stars rating, how does it hold up to use over time? does it start to sag or stay flat?
how about the insert? is that plastic or aluminum? does it seem to hold the weight of the router properly over time?

congratulations on your new router table :)

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View brtech's profile

brtech

I’ve had this for over a year. It’s great. No problems other than those I listed in my original review (mostly I had problems mounting a Hitachi M12VC router).

The insert is plastic. It holds the weight of my router just fine.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

Thanks for the review. I’ve seen some pretty good bargains in Grizzly’s catalog. At least I think they have some good bargains.

helluvawreck aka Charles

motownjg

HAH! I gave it a five star rating???? Didn’t even know I did that. I can’t say anything about how it holds up after time since I just got it.

It is highly functional and great value for the price. Metal frame is solid and went together easily – maybe 1/2 hour all told to get the top attached to the frame (had to read the directions, but that’s because I’m me); all parts accounted for/nothing missing. Good thick right-angle aluminum backs up the two adjustable fence pieces. It comes with two pieces of plastic to shim the outfeed side for jointing wood. Vacuum hose attachment; little magnets hold the plate down & sit right under the adjustment set screws. Plate is plastic but fairly thick and hard. I’m sure I could route into the tabletop to install a KREG if I had to but that would defeat the “cost vs value” idea, I think.

Anybody know if the plate takes standard brass inserts for different bit sizes?

View TJ11's profile

TJ11

I am looking at the same table—Grizzly has it on sale for about $130. Do you still give it 5 stars, has it held up, any fence or top issues?

-- If I had more money, I'd have more tools

motownjg

No real issues. Haven’t had the plastic insert warp, nothing has gone off kilter (at least, nothing that was the table’s fault), and it’s performed just as I wanted it to. Of course, now that I’ve used it I see the advantages of the more expensive tables – those with a router lift, etc. But then they were more expensive too.

It fits me just fine.

View TJ11's profile

TJ11

Thanks John. I am ordering one. I have bigger wants/needs than a router lift at this time and it sure will beat my old Skil $20 aluminum table (it has seen hard use and better days).

-- If I had more money, I'd have more tools