Love my cabinet saw!

Review by Eli Akin posted 01-30-2013 12:41 AM 5399 views 2 times favorited 29 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Love my cabinet saw! Love my cabinet saw! Love my cabinet saw! Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just wanted to give a quick review on my new PCS175. I have been saving for an extremely long time to make this purchase. I am a musician and a graphic / web designer so if I lose my fingers, I lose my career and I wanted to lower my chances of that happening. Regardless of the breaking system, the saw is incredible. Best assembly instructions that I have ever used by far. I do recommend 2 or three people to put this thing together, at least until the cast iron extensions are attached.

When we got the saw together, we had planned to have to spend extra time setting and calibrating it. It was PERFECT! We were surprised, we just plugged and played.

The cast iron hand wheels are very easy to turn and extremely smooth operation. The beisemeyer style fence is great. no deflection, great adjustments for paralleling the blade, slides across the rails with ease. The overall fit and finish of the saw is just beautiful.

I can’t think of one bad thing to say about this saw. It has taken everything that I have put through it without trying. I have only had this saw for two weeks, but I look forward to the many years that I will spend on this saw. If you are in the market for a cabinet saw, find a dealer and go check this saw out. So far it has been worth every penny!

-- Eli Akin, www.theakinsonline.com

CL810

2870 posts in 1956 days

#2 posted 01-30-2013 12:58 AM

My experience as well.

-- "The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - FDR

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

#3 posted 01-30-2013 01:02 AM

Beautiful piece of equipment! Expecting good project from that!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

#4 posted 01-30-2013 01:07 AM

Congrats! I see your old Skil portable in the background, so this must be one exiting upgrade!

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#5 posted 01-30-2013 02:17 AM

Impressive. Enjoy!

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View Swampy's profile

Swampy

#6 posted 01-30-2013 02:43 AM

You’re gonna love it. I sure do love mine.

-- Gary Vondermuehll

View thedude50's profile

thedude50

#7 posted 01-30-2013 06:16 AM

I love my Saw Stop too only I went with the 3 hp version

-- Please check out my new stores http://woodratnest.com and http://woodshopstore.com

#8 posted 01-30-2013 06:37 AM

congrats enjoy.

View mcase's profile

mcase

443 posts in 2097 days

#9 posted 01-30-2013 01:53 PM

Know the feeling. I fell in love with mine while setting it up. That was five years ago and I still love it. The 52” fence is a great addition. You will love that too.

View freidasdad's profile

freidasdad

144 posts in 1955 days

#10 posted 01-30-2013 03:23 PM

Congrats on the new saw. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and love it. Even without the safty feature it’s one great saw.
The rear outfeed table shown in your pics…did you build that yourself or did you purchase it? If you bought it could you tell me where? That looks like a very nice outfeed table.

-- My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am---author unknown

View Eli Akin's profile

Eli Akin

#11 posted 01-30-2013 03:43 PM

I did build my outfeed table. I just put some black laminate on plywood, cut the strips that frame it out, built some legs out of 1×4s, and connected it to the sawstop. Probably cost me about $40. Gave me more workspace than the $100 outfeed from sawstop. I will post my outfeed table as a project so that you can see what the rest of it looks like. Thanks!

-- Eli Akin, www.theakinsonline.com

View freidasdad's profile

freidasdad

144 posts in 1955 days

#12 posted 01-30-2013 03:55 PM

Thank you. I appreciate the info and look forward to the posting of the build.

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

#13 posted 01-30-2013 08:07 PM

I have this saw with the 36” rails; I had the same excellent experience setting it up. I’ve had it now for a year and 1/2 and it has been a pleasure to use.

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

4947 posts in 1971 days

#14 posted 01-31-2013 02:57 AM

Congratulations on the new saw

-- Norman

View EdwardR's profile

EdwardR

#15 posted 01-31-2013 12:16 PM

Same saw with 36” fence here. Putting the saw together was a breeze LOL. I sat and watched the young lads from my local dealer who have a side job doing delivery and set-up. I used the saw twice since last April since my leg collapsed and i am just starting to walk again but i love it.