1, 2, and 3 inch sanding discs

Review by RussellAP posted 01-29-2013 08:47 PM 1660 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
1, 2, and 3 inch sanding discs 1, 2, and 3 inch sanding discs 1, 2, and 3 inch sanding discs Click the pictures to enlarge them

I heard about these here on another post and decided to order some.

I cut my own paper and it sticks well however it wears out fast due to the small area.

If you press too hard for too long you’ll heat the pad up and the foam will melt. A bit of CA glue will fix it.

The sponges under the abrasive are great for hard to get to places that require intense sanding that you couldn’t do with any other tool. I use it on my turnings to get even sanding along the curves and to avoid the straight lines sanding with the lathe on produces.

All in all it’s a great tool if you learn how to use it properly.

Never use Abrinet abrasives as they are porous and will ruin the Velcro.

Available at http://vinceswoodnwonders.com/back-up-pads/

-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.

View RussellAP's profile

RussellAP

View JayCop's profile

JayCop

#1 posted 01-29-2013 09:18 PM

You should use a interface pad with Abrinet so it does not ruin the hook and loop. They are usually sold where you buy Abrinet

View Tom Coster's profile

Tom Coster

#2 posted 01-29-2013 09:35 PM

I bought the yellow one and the pad fell off after a couple minutes. I may have heated up the glue that attaches it to the shaft but I still think the glue was low quality. Used CA to reattach and have not had a problem since.

-- Tom, MI, SC

View northlander's profile

northlander

#3 posted 01-30-2013 02:19 PM

The key to using the sanding pads is to use a light touch, let the paper do the work. I had some of the same problems initially but using a slow speed on the drill and a light touch solved those problems.