Great product

Review by jcsterling posted 01-28-2013 04:00 AM 2954 views 2 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great product No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have never felt compelled to write a review for a product before but I am very happy to have tried this product and extreemly pleased with the results.

I ordered online from the odies oil website. The following day I received a phone call from the owner who wanted to thank me for my order and find out how I heard about his product. couple days later the product arrived packed very nicely.

I applied this finish to a walnut slab that i sanded to 400grit. I tried a few method to see what would work best for me. I finally setttled on using an polishing pad on my orbital sander. the extra heat generated allowed the finish to penetrate nicely. As per the instructions I waited about and hour and half to buff out the finish. Again i used my orbital sander and a buffing pad. No fumes no mess went on and buffed without a hitch. after a couple days I applied a second coat in the same manner. I must also add that this finish goes a long way

I have reserved the 5th star because I am waiting to see how this finish holds up in the long term on a tabletop subject to daily use/abuse.

-- John , Central PA , www.jcsterling.com on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/JC-Sterling-fine-furniture/104430802928776

View jcsterling's profile

jcsterling

View rodneyh's profile

rodneyh

#1 posted 01-28-2013 08:14 AM

Do you have any pics of the table? I’m finishing some walnut clocks for the 1st time, and I’d really like to try to keep some of the orange pink colrs.

View GlennsGrandson's profile

GlennsGrandson

#2 posted 01-28-2013 01:58 PM

Thanks for the review!

I found a lot of pictures of projects here on their website.

-- Grant - S/N Dakota

View walden's profile

walden

#3 posted 01-28-2013 05:21 PM

This looks great. Thanks for the review. It looks like it is available at Woodcraft now as well. All the other reviews I have seen all seem positive. I will give this a try.

-- "When and if the day comes a lion is on my roof, I am hiring a realtor." ShaneA

#4 posted 01-28-2013 05:41 PM

Hmm, pretty rudimentary website, couldn’t find much info about the product, just some great looking pictures. Seems it works outside too, I wonder how it would be on a Cedar deck…....

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

#5 posted 01-29-2013 03:23 PM

Marty5965—At $47.50 for 16 ounces (that’s $132 a gallon), it might be a little pricey for your deck!

—Gerry

View rodneyh's profile

rodneyh

#6 posted 01-31-2013 08:04 AM

I was in Woodcraft looking for it today. They said their store (and it sounded like the stores in general) won’t actually have it on the shelf for a week or two.

#7 posted 02-06-2013 10:51 PM

I would agree :)

View jcsterling's profile

jcsterling

#8 posted 02-07-2013 02:16 AM

did you do that cedar deck Marty5965?

#9 posted 02-07-2013 01:07 PM

Not with the product, it would be too expensive.