Trend T4 Router

Review by simmothewoodturner posted 542 days ago 2083 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 4.5
2 reviews total
Add my Review

Trend T4 Router No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Its got a brilliant variable speed adjustment and there start/stop switch is easily reached. Although it doesn’t have a soft start, it doesn’t really need it as it doesn’t really jerk when its switched on.

One of the complaints people have is there is no fine height adjustment. No there isn’t but you can buy one to screw on for a small extra cost, but this is a budget router. You can’t expect it to have everything.
The guide bushes are very easily attached to the base and so there isn’t a need for massive annoying “universal bases” to screw on as well due to the fact trend sells lots of extra sizes.

The thing I do find annoying is the large plastic carry case as it is a hassle once the cable is untied to get it back in the box.

But, all in all it is a very good addition to you workshop and a excellent budget router.

-- http://www.simmothewoodturner.blogspot.co.uk

View simmothewoodturner's profile

simmothewoodturner

View thedude50's profile

thedude50

This is one of my favorite little routers because it is simple no extra junk to break. I added the M power Trend Crb7 to this router it makes it a very versatile tool I wish it had a MusselChuck that would fit it but alas you cant have everything. I don’t keep mine in the box I keep it at the ready so I don’t worry about the cord in the box. I used this router a lot on my bench builds it is very strong yet light.

-- when I am not on Lumberjocks I am on @ http://thisoldworkshop.com where we allow free speech

View abie's profile

abie

Yeah..
I threw the case away and made a custom router case.
I will post it later.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.

View Renuraki's profile

Renuraki

hi there
i had one of these routers for about 4 weeks, i can honestly say its the single worst power tool ive used in 10 years.
Its seriously under powered, it makes an incredible amount of noise and the parallel fence is junk.
The T5 router that ive had for 7 years is £100 more expensive but it has never let me down. More than enopugh power to cope with anything ive thrown at it, the fence is micro adjustable and a pleasure to use.
The T4 is a gimic tool.
Sorry
Ive been Joe thanx for listening.