Does the job just fine.

Review by JSB posted 01-26-2013 04:44 AM 1940 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Does the job just fine. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Combo model # CLPK27-120
Driver model # PS30B
Impact model # PS40B
12 volt lithium ion batteries. 30 minute charger. I have been using these for the past 3 days in my day job and in the shop. No problems at all. The main reason I went with these as they are lighter than the 18v combo sets. Here is my video review.

LED light
battery indicator on impact

none so far

-- Jay -

View JSB's profile

View nobuckle's profile

#1 posted 01-26-2013 05:49 PM

I have a similar set and absolutely love it. I bought mine from Bought the drill for $149.00 and got the impact free. I could use a few more batteries though.

-- Doug - Make an effort to live by the slogan "We try harder"

View dustyal's profile

#2 posted 01-27-2013 01:53 AM

Nicely done… I have the keyless chuck verion that came with the charger and 2 batteries. I’ve been wanting to buy the impact driver without battery or charger and just use what I have. I ordered it from at a good price but when I got it, it was a different model, and only good for 10.8 volts. My 12 volt battery fit perfectly, but I was afraid of using it, so I return it to amazon and got a prompt refund. Although, I did try to get them to just send the correct product.

I really like mine drill… best and most used tool I have.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View BentheViking's profile

#3 posted 01-27-2013 04:46 AM

i have the keyless chuck drill, and have considered adding one of these two, but have never known what the difference is between the two. could anyone shed some light on what the difference between the impact and pocket drivers is? thanks

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

View 1thumb's profile

#4 posted 01-27-2013 05:28 PM

My nearly ten year old Bosch 14.4 volt just won’t die but I want those lightweight impacts/drivers badly. The difference I found between the impacts and pocket drills I have used, guy I work with sometimes has the Milwaukee’s, very nice, is that the impact drives the screw for you, much less force needed.

#5 posted 01-27-2013 05:30 PM

Thanks for the review

-- Custom furniture

View JSB's profile

#6 posted 01-27-2013 05:33 PM

I agree with 1thumb. The impact reduces bit slippage as it is short bursts of torque.

-- Jay -

View JimYoung's profile

#7 posted 01-01-2015 08:35 PM

Hey Jay,
I agree with your review. I just picked up the CLPK22-120 set for $150. The impact driver is the same as your’s. but the drill driver has a keyless chuck. I got them for the smaller size, but they still have the power of my bigger 18V drills. I like having two tools where I don’t have to change bits. I can leave a screw driver bit in the impact gun and a drill bit in the drill driver. The small size is great for tight spaces and jobs around the house.

-- -Jim