Does the job just fine.

Review by JSB posted 571 days ago 1491 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Does the job just fine. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Combo model # CLPK27-120
Driver model # PS30B
Impact model # PS40B
12 volt lithium ion batteries. 30 minute charger. I have been using these for the past 3 days in my day job and in the shop. No problems at all. The main reason I went with these as they are lighter than the 18v combo sets. Here is my video review.

Pros:
light
cheap
strong
LED light
battery indicator on impact

Cons:
none so far

-- Jay - http://www.jayscustomcreations.com or http://www.woodworkingwithsketchup.com

View JSB's profile

JSB

View nobuckle's profile

nobuckle

I have a similar set and absolutely love it. I bought mine from www.internationaltool.com. Bought the drill for $149.00 and got the impact free. I could use a few more batteries though.

-- Doug - Make an effort to live by the slogan "We try harder"

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

Nicely done… I have the keyless chuck verion that came with the charger and 2 batteries. I’ve been wanting to buy the impact driver without battery or charger and just use what I have. I ordered it from Amazon.com at a good price but when I got it, it was a different model, and only good for 10.8 volts. My 12 volt battery fit perfectly, but I was afraid of using it, so I return it to amazon and got a prompt refund. Although, I did try to get them to just send the correct product.

I really like mine drill… best and most used tool I have.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View BentheViking's profile

BentheViking

i have the keyless chuck drill, and have considered adding one of these two, but have never known what the difference is between the two. could anyone shed some light on what the difference between the impact and pocket drivers is? thanks

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

View 1thumb's profile

1thumb

My nearly ten year old Bosch 14.4 volt just won’t die but I want those lightweight impacts/drivers badly. The difference I found between the impacts and pocket drills I have used, guy I work with sometimes has the Milwaukee’s, very nice, is that the impact drives the screw for you, much less force needed.

112008 posts in 2201 days

Thanks for the review

View JSB's profile

JSB

I agree with 1thumb. The impact reduces bit slippage as it is short bursts of torque.