Worksharp 3000 Customer Service

Review by Lumberpunk posted 01-25-2013 03:53 PM 2109 views 0 times favorited 40 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Worksharp 3000 Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just a quick note to say I am stoked with Worksharp customer service. Just received my WS3000 yesterday ($199 from busybee tools), filled out the online registration and when I got the option to get my free abrasives it said US shipping only and no PO Boxes (I am in rural BC Canada) Called Worksharp cutomer service and after about one minute on the phone they said my abrasives would ship on monday. Excellent customer service! Thanks Worksharp!

#1 posted 01-25-2013 04:05 PM

That is great news, for you!!!
It is great to hear and see reviews of good customer service. Many times it seems that CS is an after thought of a company, as they are only concerned with the initial sale.

I just recently got the WS3000 and am veeeery pleased with it. I plan on making the Stumpy Nubs Sharpening Station for mine. I’ve heard great things about it. I already purchased the plans?, just need to find the time to build it.

Enjoy your WS3000!!!

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procratination a bad thing?

#2 posted 01-25-2013 04:09 PM

yeah I am gonna make a station today… no plans though just gonna wing it

#3 posted 01-25-2013 04:15 PM

Lsmart,
Take a look at the Stumpy Station. Even if you don’t buy the plans, or even build it the same way, just for ideas and insights. I will be reversing the set up. I plan on placing the shelves on the left and the drawer to the right. This way the angle indicator (on the right side) is still visible!

#4 posted 01-25-2013 04:23 PM

I have checked out his video a few times we’ll see how it goes!

#5 posted 01-25-2013 04:27 PM

Please be sure to share pictures of yours. As I haven’t built mine yet, I’m always looking for ideas.

Good luck with your build!!!

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

#6 posted 01-25-2013 05:23 PM

It’s great to know that their CS will work with you on this. I bought one of these a few years ago when due to an internet mix up Sears had them for $17.99….Yes, seventeen dollars lol. At the time I didn’t even have a legit use for it but knew that eventually I would and the reputation of the unit was more than favorable. I’ve since used it a lot and I am thrilled that I have it….and knowing that their CS is good I feel even better about it.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View pwgphoto's profile

pwgphoto

#7 posted 01-25-2013 09:50 PM

Glad you had good customer service with the company. I also wanted to thank you for the thread. I just bought a WS2000 at Sears for $40 and if I didn’t see this thread I would not have know about the free abrasives kit. Mine is now on order.

View AaronK's profile

AaronK

#8 posted 01-25-2013 11:01 PM

i got mine a coupl of years ago when HD had a misprinted price of $65. Had some problems getting a good edge, and called up their service center. They were extremely helpful in guiding me, and even overnighted a couple of abrasive samples to improve my edge.

View douglbe's profile

douglbe

#9 posted 01-26-2013 01:08 AM

Glad to see they have great CS. I have had the WS3000 for a few years now and I love it. Chisels, plane irons, knives, and lathe tools I get great results. Thanks for the post.

-- Doug, Reed City, Michigan

#10 posted 01-26-2013 01:55 AM

Yet Another 5 star tool review on an unused tool ! Oh Goody !!
Can’t wait until we have a forum to review tools in instead of customer service.

#11 posted 01-26-2013 02:08 AM

Dusty, I think I was pretty clear in saying that I was reviewing customer service (see post title)... which is a big deal to me when buying a tool. If you don’t want to read my review of their customer service DON’T CLICK THE LINK. Your use of bold text makes you look small not big… just sayin’.

That said I spent the day reconditioning some old plane irons for a friend and chisels for myself and have to say that I would give the system at least 4 stars if not 5, I have a nice bald patch on my arm from shaving hairs all day.

#12 posted 01-26-2013 02:29 AM

I didn’t read your title or know it was going to be another NON TOOL REVIEW because I clicked on the photo as I have the same model and was interested to see what someone else thought of it.
This IS a tool review forum , not a customer service review forum.
When you rate your “thoughts” the stars go towards the tool , not whatever your title says.
Do you think that the other 7 actual tool reviews had the same title as your post ? No , the only thing “reviewed stars ” count towards is the Worksharp 3000 , not the CS…. So you’ve actually rated the tool at 5 stars , after “just receiving it” per your post.

View Mark Davisson's profile

Mark Davisson

501 posts in 2004 days

#13 posted 01-26-2013 02:34 AM

I don’t believe that this forum is, in fact, limited to tool reviews. In additional to tool reviews, I have read reviews here on classes, DVD’s, books, warranties and, now, on customer service.

I appreciate them all, and I thank everyone who takes their time to write them.

-- I'm selfless because it feels so good!

#14 posted 01-26-2013 02:41 AM

Read Before Posting

How do you decide where your post belongs?
Project – showcase your completed woodworking project
Blog Entry – write about your woodworking journey in a casual or tutorial format; whether it is a project in progress, inspiration or a challenge
Forum Topic – ask a specific question or post a specific request regarding woodworking techniques or tools Review – post your personal review of a woodworking tool, course, book, magazine or DVD

Choose your post type carefully to help keep LumberJocks.com a unique and well organized resource for everyone.

First specify the product and then provide the review details.
Category
Brand or add new brand
Product Name / Model

Example: LS1214F 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Don’t use serial # in the product name.

These rules are set forth by the Owners of the site and no where under” Reviews” , is Customer Service a Category. There is a Forum where you can express your glee about Tool Gloats and Customer service , etc., etc. , etc.. ...just sayin’ : )

View Mark Davisson's profile

Mark Davisson

501 posts in 2004 days

#15 posted 01-26-2013 02:45 AM

Dusty now agrees that this is not limited to just tool reviews.

-- I'm selfless because it feels so good!