STANLEY BOSTICH - CAP2060P CONTRACTOR COMPRES. W/ 23 GAUGE PIN NAILER

Review by jockmike2 posted 2269 days ago 5343 views 1 time favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
STANLEY BOSTICH - CAP2060P CONTRACTOR COMPRES. W/ 23 GAUGE PIN NAILER No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I blogged about this when it arrived by UPS, but have not had the chance to use it until now due to medical reasons. Luckily lately I’ve been able to do a little something in the shop and had the privilege to use my new Stanley Bostich Compressor. It is everything that Gary Blanchette said it would be and more. I can’t say enough about this man and his public relation’s skills, but he delivered on every promise he made, and that is exceptional in this day and age. I e-mailed Gary several times with questions and every time within hours, never overnight, but within a few hours I had my answer. He threw in a new 23 gauge pin nailer that works exceptionally well. You won’t need to bother filling the holes with this unless you want to. The hole are very small. It takes very little time to pump up to pressure, and yes it is noisey, but I don’t believe it is as noisey as the old one was. It worked great with my old 18 gauge 2 in 1 staple and pin nailer gun as well. If this is the new Stanley Bostich I will definately be buying more of their tools. With people like Gary Blanchete at the helm they are sure to be a success in years to come. I give this machine 5 stars and if I could I’d give them six. For those who don’t know, I gave Bostich a rather scathingly bad review when a compressor similar to this quit on me and I could’nt take it back because I had lost the purchase slip. I tried to fix it myself and it kept breaking down. Finally I threw it in the junk heap and b——-ed about here on Lumberjocks. The DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPEMENT OF STANLEY BOSTICH heard about it and contacted me by email. He wanted to know what he could do for me to make things right. One of his employees had seen my blog here on Lumberjocks and he said he was extremely sorry that one of his products had failed a woodworker. Or something to that affect. I’m paraphrasing because it’s been a while since this all happened. He said “How about I send you a new upgrade with an upgraded gun”, he said” you still have your old 18 gauge gun don’t you, how about I send you the new 23 gauge pinnailer.” I emailed back yes, yes, yes, I did’nt tell him I had already bought a new compressor, I’ll give that to my son. I’d prefer this one. Man it is sweet.Thank you Gary! Thank you Lumberjocks. Jockmike2, Mike Wurm

View woodnut's profile

woodnut

Gary I have the same compressor and guns. I have had mine for about 2 years and really like it. When I built my shop last June the compressor and frameing nailer were a life saver.

-- F.Little

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

Hi Mike;

Sounds like your pretty happy with your new toys. Very good review as well.

Hope your feeling better.

Lee

thanks Lee, yea I’m better, I just wished my wife would believe that. mike

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

thanks for review. i have a brad nailer from them and i love it. its good that they have good customer service to. thats very important!

View Greg3G's profile

Greg3G

I find it comforting that there are companies out there that still care about the customer. Too many times, I have run into companies that could careless about me after I made a purchase. I once heard that if someone likes a product he will tell 3 people about it….if he is unhappy with it he will tell 10. I am putting Botch back on my list of tool companies to look to when I am ready to make a purchase.

BTW…glad you are able to get back in the shop. It about drove me insane when I had to take a break last year. Be Safe and wear your eye protection.

-- Greg - Charles Town, WV

View mrtrim's profile

mrtrim

great review mike and a great story ! good luck with the new tools . the 23 ga. pinner is a great tool enjoy !

Wonderful review Mike. I have this compressor along with a 15 gauge and 18 gauge nailer and narrow crown stapler. I was unaware that they also marketed a pin nailer or I would have had one of those as well. I have never had any problems with any of these nailers or the compressor. I have always been totally satisfied with this brand.

View EternalDesign's profile

EternalDesign

I need that to happen to me. I have one and it has never worked. What i don’t understand is why these things where even on the shelves if they new there was a problem.
Happy to hear it all worked out for you.

-- Brian, Eternal Furniture & Design http://www.eternal-furniture.com

Mike I’m glad that you got what you expected. And I’m glad that Customer Service came through. It’s too bad that it had to go as far as it did go, but I’m glad that they responded to you.

View gator9t9's profile

gator9t9

OH yes in this day and age …getting customer service like that …is unheard of ….good going Mike ..you deserve it ….I now have a better image of BOSTITCH / STANLEY also …

-- Mike in Bonney Lake " If you are real real real good your whole life, You 'll be buried in a curly maple coffin when you die."

View GMman's profile

GMman

Glad to know this I have a Campbell Hausfield and it is worth nothing , had it for 2 years and had to send it twice on warantee for repair as soon as the 3 year warantee is over so is the C H…Thanks for the review .

View GMman's profile

GMman

I was checking your Stanley Bostich compresor on line and it is an oil free …I promise myself that I would never buy an oil free because they are noisy and dont last , when I took mine in for repair I was told to get one that runs in oil because an oil free dont last when you spay or just blow air it is too hard on the piston rod and will break down….anybody has a comment on this please post it…..Thank you

View OttawaP's profile

OttawaP

My most recent purchase was a Makita oil compressor to replace my old CH oil free compressor. I have nothing bad to say about the CH, it lasted over 10 years of construction use and never quit until it basically just slowly died. I never found it nearly as loud as say he PC pancake models or equivalent. The Makita is sweet though and very quiet.
The Bostich 16 ga gun I have has been a great performer.

-- Paul

jockmike2

The feedback I got from Gary was they had a short run of a bad part, but overall have a good reputation with this certain machine, except for the few that got through QC. I’m sure if you wrote to them with your story they would probably make it right for you too. This guy is no nonsense about PR. He wants satisfied customers. mike