Great Shop Vac

Review by gizmodyne posted 2377 days ago 2388 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Shop Vac Great Shop Vac No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this as a bundle with my Domino. Previously I used a Craftsman ShopVac that was powerful but incredibly loud. Excruciatingly loud.

The CT22 comes assembled other than a little cord hanger that must be screwed on. It comes with a vac hose to fit Festool Tools. A variety of connectors are available.

Cool Features
Variable suction control.
Built in tool plug for automatic start when the tool is turned on.
HEPA filters.
Dust free bag change. There was ZERO dust in the case when I changed the bag.
Systainers attach to top for built in storage.
Extremely portable with casters.
Very quiet! I think that only the Fein is quieter.

Cons
Price

Price
U.S. $450
Bags 5 for $28

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Thanks for the review. I think anything spent on dust collection is probably money well spent.

View Jeff's profile

Jeff

Thanks, Jon. What is the capacity of the bag?

-- Jeff, St. Paul, MN

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

How much do the bags cost?

gizmodyne

About $6 each. I think you can also buy a canister to use instead of the bags. But the bags expose you to very little dust.

View mot's profile

mot

I have the same vac, giz. I use it for all my handheld power tools that can use a dust extraction hose, plus because of the hepa filter, I use it for all my sanding on the lathe as it’s filters are better than my big DC. A great vac. Thanks for the review.

-- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. (Plato)

gizmodyne

Jeff: 22 liters I believe.

Giz,
I’m placing a festool order before their 4/1 price increase and trying to decide between the 22 and the 33. Quick questions:

How often do you use yours outside of the shop or have a need to transport it?
Are you happy with the capacity and bag change frequency of the 22, or do you think you’d have been better off with the 33?

My use will be roughly 80% shop and 20% jobsite.

Thanks for any insight!

Hi,
It is all about the same size. I think the 22 is fine. The newer midi model is cool too.

All of the models are pretty small and you will be able to move them. Enjoy your new toys and post a review.

Fireball

Giz – the 22 is on it’s way. I’ll be sitting by the window waiting for the UPS man all day Friday!

Giz,

Thanks for the review. I have been looking at this and the 33e. But will have to debate a purchase since I have so many tools on my wish list. Maybe my wife will win the lottery and solve all my tool dilemmas.

Fireball

Scott – today’s your last day before the price goes up! Hurry and order now. I used my newly acquired 22 to vacuum the house this weekend – my significant other surely appreciated it!