Tomz Double Shaft Knife Massager

Review by hairy posted 01-21-2013 03:48 PM 3086 views 2 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Tomz Double Shaft Knife Massager Tomz Double Shaft Knife Massager Tomz Double Shaft Knife Massager Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve been using this about 10 days now. I think that’s enough for an opinion. I should have bought this a long time ago. It just does what he says it does.

The first 2 pics show what comes in the box. A 1200 grit diamond wheel, a 600 grit diamond wheel, leather strop wheel,Tormek paste, shop rags, a pad to keep it from scooting, instructions, and a sticker. I should give the sticker to my granddaughter, she loves stickers. Wait a minute, that might come back to haunt me.

It’s small. It’s quiet. It works great. I put it on the bench when I’m carving. Once I have a tool sharp, I give it a quick strop now and then, it’s all good.

I got it for carving tools, knives, gouges, v-tools, chisels and the like. I did a small kitchen paring knife. I don’t know about plane irons, jointer blades, lawnmower blades, Samurai swords and whatever else you want sharpen.

My first shave in 20 something years. A few minutes is all it took. I’ve been using waterstones and an old leather belt. I never got this sharp.

Check it out:

Tom’s a good guy to deal with. I was surprised at how quick I received it. Here’s where I got it:

-- the last of Barret's Privateers...

View hairy's profile (online now)

hairy

2021 posts in 2185 days

View Roger's profile

#1 posted 01-21-2013 09:25 PM

Wow! That’s interesting. It does have a nice slow speed, and reversable. Thnx for the review Harry. Looks like that blade mowed right threw that tall grass… :)

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#2 posted 01-21-2013 10:00 PM

good review hairy …glad you like your new tool
Regards
Dan

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

#3 posted 01-22-2013 12:01 AM

Nice review hairy.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View flintbone's profile

flintbone

#4 posted 01-22-2013 02:07 AM

Good job on the review hairy.
I love mine also. I got one from Tom last year and I wouldn’t be without it.
Keep up the good work.
flint

-- If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith. - Albert Einstein

View mbs's profile

mbs

#5 posted 01-24-2013 05:55 AM

Interesting. it’s much cheaper than Tormek and it has some versatility that tormek doesn’t offer with the way that the discs can be change easily. I think the tool rest for planes on the tormek may be an advantage though.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.

View Wolffarmer's profile

Wolffarmer

#6 posted 01-25-2013 04:31 PM

That looks pretty neat. I am not a carver but it gives me ideas about plane and chisel sharpening

-- That was not wormy wood when I started working on it.