Rockler 34193 Pizza Blade cutter Kit

Review by John Truffa posted 556 days ago 818 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler 34193 Pizza Blade cutter Kit No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m a crafter and have made many pizza cutters using the Rockler Kit. No one comes near it it for durability and craftmanship. I use cocoblo for the handle. To keep the handle from cracking when inserting the threaded insert I put a ferrel on the end (same size as the one that comes with their ice craem scoop).

I’ve been looking for a plastic blade cover to no avail! If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I called Rockler but they couldn’t help me. They wouldn’t give me the mfgr. I’d give up the wrench that comes with each one for a cover!!!!!!!!!!!

View John Truffa's profile

John Truffa

View JesseTutt's profile

JesseTutt

We used to use a set of books called Thomas. They listed wholesalers. I imagine that they are now on line, if not try a public library. I found a company that would sell me the mini clock inserts at about half the price of mail order retail.

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

View beavercut's profile

beavercut

If anyone comes up with the name of the mfgr I’d also be interested in that.

-- Beavercut

View kpinvt's profile

kpinvt

First thought that came to mind about a cover for that blade was a plastic can lid like those that come with a can of peanuts or something. Get two, trim the edge off of one and glue inside the other. Trim to fit the blade. Or turn two halves of a cover to fit.