General Canada 10" Cabinet saw & General International 14" Bandsaw.

Review by welcon posted 550 days ago 2061 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
General Canada 10" Cabinet saw & General International 14" Bandsaw. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well finally recieved my saws after 5 weeks’s of waiting. Both saws were shipped in sturdy wooden packing crates, and were pretty well fully assembled. They were covered in plastic and some type of grease preventing them from rusting during transport. Neither saw had one scratch or any paint problems. I was very happy to recieve them in this condition.

One major problem they sent the wrong fence and rails with the Cabinet saw, now I am waiting again. Hopefully it shows up soon as I am itching to try it out. Overall despite the mistake in fences I have to give General a 5 star rating for the way the saws were shipped and the condition they arrived in.

View welcon's profile

welcon

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

Best wishes and I hope you enjoy your new saws. I’ve always liked General tools and consider them right up there with PM and Delta.

View nwbusa's profile

nwbusa

Congrats on the new tools, General makes nice stuff. Looks like they installed the “small” stop switch on the TS too :)

-- John, BC, Canada

View Julian's profile

Julian

I hope you do another review of how the saws performed. I have eyed General machines at Woodcraft but never had the chance to test one. Looks like you are a committed General machinery fan.

-- Julian

View Manitario's profile (online now)

Manitario

I’m jealous that you can afford true “General” not Gen. International machines. I have had quite a few different Gen. Int. machines and they all have been superior in fit/finish and performance. I’m sure your General machines will be even more awesome. You’ll have to update your review once you’ve had a chance to use them.

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

View Howie's profile

Howie

I bought this saw(ts) about 6 months ago and have no complaints other than kind of fumbly for blade changes. I replaced the fence with an Incra but only because my son bought it for me. I’d give it 5 stars too.

-- Life is good.

View Delta356's profile

Delta356

Congrats on your new toy’s… Very nice looking and quality all around…. I don’t know, I will have to put my Delta family against your General Family…Who Will win.????..LOL…. Battle of D & G ….Thanks for sharing…

Take Care, Michael Frey