Set of four Eng Squares

Review by Ken90712 posted 01-15-2013 05:24 AM 1779 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Set of four Eng Squares No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

One of Blondie’s Christmas presents to me was this awesome set of squares.

They are an extremely accurate set of squares that are particularly valuable when I’m setting up my power tools.

It is boxed set of four Engineer’s Squares. There made by the engineering firm in India. They come a in a So/So box, however the box is not what I was interested in so I couldn’t take a star for that. They come wrapped in plastic with oil applied.

There on sale and I’m not sure you could get a better set for the price without moving into the big boys price tag.

The quality for all our Engineer’s Squares is guaranteed to meet, or exceed, the British Engineering Standard BS939 of ±0.0005” per linear inch for squareness. This set of four (2”, 3”, 4” and 6” sizes) also comes at a savings over the cost of the individual sizes. The 2 & 4” sizes are not sold separately. A 9” square is available separately.

While setting up my new 8 inch jointer these were invaluable! The jointer will be another review.

Here is a link if interested.

15181 posts in 1913 days

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

#1 posted 01-15-2013 05:40 AM

OOooo… that is SO Pretty!!!

SO COOL!

You’re a happy puppy! LOL

View kiefer's profile

kiefer

#2 posted 01-15-2013 05:40 AM

Very nice and useful gift ,just perfect .
I want a set too and likely order one .
When you make a good box for them post it please, but it better be square !!! LOL

-- Kiefer 松

View jim C's profile

jim C

#3 posted 01-15-2013 11:16 AM

Good grief, in the U.S. we couldn’t make the box alone for that price!
Great find.

View kizerpea's profile

kizerpea

#4 posted 01-15-2013 12:52 PM

Those are really good ….careful they will rust easy…mine did ..

-- IF YOUR NOT MAKING DUST...YOU ARE COLLECTING IT! SOUTH CAROLINA.

View plantek's profile

plantek

#5 posted 01-15-2013 01:42 PM

Can’t beat a good set of squares…

-- If you want it and it's within reason... It's on it's way!

View lew's profile

lew

#6 posted 01-15-2013 02:48 PM

Thanks for the review, Ken.

I really do need to get some good squares and replace those plastic draftsman triangles.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Lee A. Jesberger's profile

Lee A. Jesberger

#7 posted 01-15-2013 03:25 PM

Now that’s a nice set.

Lee

View Dusty56's profile (online now)

#8 posted 01-15-2013 08:58 PM

By any chance , are they made by GROZ ?

View felkadelic's profile

felkadelic

#9 posted 01-16-2013 12:22 AM

Yeah, these look just like my Groz set

View gfadvm's profile

gfadvm

#10 posted 01-16-2013 02:40 AM

They must be popular as they are now backordered :(

-- " I'll try to be nicer, if you'll try to be smarter" gfadvm

15181 posts in 1913 days

#11 posted 01-16-2013 04:17 AM

They do look like Groz, but I’m not sure as it doesnt say that anywhere. Could be the same factory, who knows this day in age. I do feel there worth the money and very accurate though. Thx for the replys.

View Dark_Lightning's profile

Dark_Lightning

#12 posted 01-16-2013 04:22 AM

Covered/coated with oil, which may ruin a future finish? If they are precise enough, keep ‘em, just remove the oil and lacquer/wax them or something. Good score!

View Roger's profile

#13 posted 01-16-2013 01:13 PM

It’s nice to have a set of different sized squares for different sized jobs/projects. Thnx for the review and link

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View elingeniero's profile

elingeniero

#14 posted 01-17-2013 06:56 PM

Don’t drop them, or you’ll need to have them checked and possibly recalibrated.

I bought a set of 4 made by PEC Tools (2, 3, 4 and 6 inches), with a guaranteed precision of 0.0006” over the length of the beam. Came with a certificate of inspection, even. I also have a set of their adjustable parallels that I set up router and drill press fences with (along with a set of calipers).

Pat Warner makes an aluminum try square set up so it will sit on the edge of a board without falling off, guaranteed accurate to within 0.0008” over the length of the beam, and will recalibrate them once for free.

View mafe's profile