Ridgid Miter Saw stand doesn't disappoint

Review by slopjock78 posted 585 days ago 6600 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid Miter Saw stand doesn't disappoint No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is my first review, so here we go…...

So i was looking to upgrade my miter saw stand from my trusty Ryobi Stand. I have to admit, i was perfectly happy with that stand, and really didnt think I would be upgrading anytime soon. However, the lack of mobility with that stand finally got the better of me. I really like to have my saw very close when i’m casing out doors and windows and moving my Dewalt 10” slider and stand was getting to be too much of a hassle.

I had narrowed my search to the new Dewalt DWX726 Rolling stand and the Ridgid. Needless to say, i decided on the Ridgid. I have a lot of Ridgid tools and have honestly not been disappointed with any of them. I read all the reviews on both stands and they were very similar. The reason i went with the Ridgid was the ability to remove the saw from the stand easily with the clamp and rail system, similar to the Ryobi. The stand and saw have a combined weight of around 120 lbs, so i wanted to be able to easily separate them for lifting into my truck.

The stand was fairly easy to put together. The instructions were fairly terrible (I by chance write technical information for a living), however it is pretty straight forward and there are only about eight bolts to install along with the handle and wheels. If you are at all technically adept, you will have no issues. My saw mounted with no issues. Any saw that has the mounting holes inline will mount directly to the two clamps. However, if the mounting holes on your saw are not inline, you will need to make a plywood adapter.

As far as the function, absolutely no complaints so far. I have used it for about 5 hours so far, so not extensive, but enough to get a good feel for it. Fit and finish are very nice as with all the Ridgid tools I have used up to this point. It takes 2 or 3 times to get a feel for the gravity assist system of raising and lowering the saw, but it works very well once you get the feel for it. It takes minimal effort to raise and lower the stand between vertical (transport) and horizontal (working) positions. I have to admit, one of my favorite “features” is the small tray that are between the rails on the handle side of the stand. This is great for holding pencils and small tools while working. yes, this is a very small feature, but it is nice to have an area to lay your pencil while working. Or maybe i’m just easily impressed…... My only SMALL negative would be work support arms. They do seem to be slightly weak and not as stiff as i would have liked to see. However, they had no problem holding my work pieces so possibly my perceived thoughts of how strong they need to be is incorrect. As long as they do their job, I am happy. They slide in and out easily, lock in place with a quick release clamp and do their job.

All in all I gave this a 5 star as i cant really think of anything else i would want it to do. For $190, it does exactly what i need it to do and nothing less. As long as it hold up, this will be a very nice stand for year to come. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask.

View slopjock78's profile

slopjock78

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

I am going to ask, but I think I already know the answer, “No”. Do the ryobi clamps happen to fit and clamp on the Ridgid stand?

View bbasiaga's profile

bbasiaga

I have the similar stand that comes with the Rigid 4510 table saw. It is a very nice stand. I just wanted to claim ‘solidarity’ with you, in that the instructions for that suck too. Once I abandoned them and just started trying to make it look like the picture on the box, it went much smoother.

-Brian

-- Part of engineering is to know when to put your calculator down and pick up your tools.

View Fallon's profile

Fallon

I’m happy with mine, it works well. Reasonable trade-off of price vs. strength & durability vs. mobility/lightness. It’s definitely more sturdy & easy to use than other mobile tables around I’ve seen & doesn’t cost that much more than the flimsy ones.

The sliding arms on my Dewalt sliding miter saw stick way out & catch shins when I store the table in the vertical orientation with the saw attached, but that’s not really the fault of the table (or going to be unique to the DeWalt, any slider would have the issue I expect). I’ve taken to twisting the saw to 45 degrees or so to keep the arms out of the way a bit more.

View slopjock78's profile

slopjock78

Bill, i have already sold the Ryobi stand, but to a friend. So i will try and get the ryobi clamps from him and see if they are compatible. But I have a pretty good idea that you are already right….

Brian, yeah, kind of a joke. luckily not too much assembly is required, so wasnt a big deal

View ARTTdylan's profile

ARTTdylan

I just bought the rigid for home use. I love it!

-- Dylan - www.arttwood.com -

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

10-4. I am very happy with mine. I’ve got a 12” sliding miter saw on it. Thanks for the review.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View REL's profile

REL

I got the Bosch one only because of the great reviews on Amazon. The Bosch is a great stand. However after viewing your Ridgid, I’m wondering if I over spent.

-- REL, North Jersey

View pete33's profile

pete33

I also have the ridged stand. I really like it, because my shop is so small, I have got to constantly move equipment around. Especially working on longer projects. It folds up quite easily, and does a good job of holding my Dewalt saw. Am actually considering mounting a metal cut off saw on another one.

-- elpea