New Dust Collection System Just installed

Review by bbqking posted 04-28-2008 04:52 AM 2966 views 0 times favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Dust Collection System Just installed No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is one of the most efficient dust collectors I have run across in quite some time. The manufacturers have managed to keep the noise levels down to almost unbelievable readings and kept electric costs down to nearly nothing. However, I have been notified that refrigeration costs have increased in some workshops. I am impressed as to how these items work together as a whole, with the Harper bench brush raking dust onto the floor so that the Publix broom can pull the sawdust away from problem areas and feed it into the powerful DQB Industrial push broom so that it may be tucked away into places that my wife won’t notice. I give this system a standup 5 star rating.

-- bbqKing, Lawrenceville

View bbqking's profile

bbqking

View bayspt's profile

bayspt

#1 posted 04-28-2008 05:39 AM

Hey I have a system that looks just like that.

-- Jimmy, Oklahoma "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear!"

#2 posted 04-28-2008 11:26 AM

I have one that looks a lot like that too. And I also have a red-headed operator who, if she has to operate it, yells at me a lot about the “mess” I have made in there.

Thanks for the review. This one was cute.

View MsDebbieP's profile

MsDebbieP

#3 posted 04-28-2008 02:51 PM

now if people would just remember to turn it on when they are done for the day!

-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)

View dalec's profile

dalec

#4 posted 04-28-2008 04:09 PM

Green solution and so quiet and so original.

Dalec

View StraightEdge's profile

StraightEdge

#5 posted 04-28-2008 07:34 PM

Now, that is a DC System that fits my budget!

LOL

Carlyle

-- Cheers!

View Greg3G's profile

Greg3G

#6 posted 04-28-2008 08:37 PM

Don’t forget about safety … remember to always read the manuals that come with your tools before you operate them…or at least the sticker on the handle :-) and to wear safety glasses.

-- Greg - Charles Town, WV

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#7 posted 04-28-2008 10:14 PM

that looks like a nice system, must have been expensive though. what do they run around like 500$. To bad all i can afford for now is a shop vac, no were near the quality of a high end dust removal system like that, LOL. Thanks for the review.

View ChasHutch's profile

ChasHutch

#8 posted 04-28-2008 11:07 PM

I wish I had seen this before I bought my DC equipment. I wonder if it’s too late to return it all?

-- Hutch - North Dallas, Tx - Safety First

View DocK16's profile

DocK16

#9 posted 04-28-2008 11:39 PM

When I first clicked on the picture I thought “he must have built the machine into the broom closet” Duh!

-- Common sense is so rare anymore when you do see it, it looks like pure genius.

View jjohn's profile

jjohn

#10 posted 04-29-2008 04:53 AM

I’ve been using one of these systems for years now. I thought everyone knew about them. Maybe if it catches on I can get some and sell them. LOL
Nicely done.

-- JJohn

View Bill Akins's profile

Bill Akins

#11 posted 04-29-2008 03:56 PM

That is my exact dust collection system! Great minds think alike.

-- Bill from Lithia Springs, GA I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#12 posted 05-02-2008 02:42 AM

Did you have to run a 220 line to the shop to power it? I was going to get one just like this one, but when I went to buy it, I noticed that there was no instruction book with it… New tools need owners manuals or I have no idea how to use it.

-- making sawdust....

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#13 posted 05-02-2008 02:54 AM

i agree with motthunter, I’ve always been afraid to purchase a high end system like this because it didn’t come with much instructions and i wasn’t sure if i could run 220

View bbqking's profile

bbqking

#14 posted 05-02-2008 06:18 AM

I am surprised that no one has commented on the absolutely superb collection job this system is capable of on a daily basis. If you look closely, there is no sawdust visible in the photo. As to questions about running this system on 220, it is not recommended by the manufacturer, although I have seen great results running on 440 3 phase. As always, bbqking.

-- bbqKing, Lawrenceville

View Sawdust2's profile

Sawdust2

#15 posted 05-03-2008 03:43 AM

220 might be a little high but RonRico 151 might be OK

Lee

-- No piece is cut too short. It was meant for a smaller project.