Great Bandsaw Blade

Review by NormG posted 593 days ago 1904 views 4 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Bandsaw Blade No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After Reading MBS’ review I ordered the same blade. It arrived today while I was at work. Very well packaged and in good shape.

After dinner, I went out to the shop and installed on my newer Craftsman 12” 89 1/2” blade (Similar to the Rikon). It is a great saw. After about 15 minutes of setup it was ready to go. Blade is noticeably quieter than the Timber Wolf blades I have been using. I followed the instructions and used a slower rate to break the blade in. The I was off. I had a fair amount of firewood and logs from my in-laws place. I jointed one side flat and started to cut 1” boards in 6” and 4” Oak and Maple. About 50 feet all together, I got started and just could not stop. It took no time at all to make the cuts, they were smooth and the blade did not drift at all (used the standard fence). So, I think it was worth the $18.25 plus shipping. Next time I will ordered more than one to cut down on the shipping cost.

-- Norman

View jaykaypur's profile

jaykaypur

I am gonna try these out. I am using Olsen blades right now and they have done me pretty good but I can always move up to the next level. Thanks for the review.

-- Use it up, Wear it out --------------- Make it do, Or do without!

View sikrap's profile

sikrap

1000 posts in 1984 days

I also ordered one of these. I’m hoping to get in on my Grizzly G0555 today and try it out. I’m a real newb at resawing so this should be an adventure.

-- Dave, Colonie, NY

Just got my grizzly riser kit yesterday. Time to buy some new blades. Ill give these a try!

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

I noticed on the Diamond Saw website it says that they do not recomend the Xtra duty one for blade lengths under 15’, which is 180 inches. What size are you using?

View mbs's profile

mbs

I’m using the same blade and I think mine is 150”. I haven’t had any problems and I’m not sure why there would be a problem with the length.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.

Mine is 89 1/2, I just did some additional cutting in some more Oak, no issues with the additional blade strength.

-- Norman

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

Just guessing here, but I wonder if the length advisory has to do with wheel diameter. Shorter length implies smaller diameter wheels which flex the blade more severely. The proprietor of my local saw shop one time said that was one of the problems with 3 wheeled BSs, that the sharp flexing at the corners could lead to blade breakage.

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

Good review. I’ll try to check this out. I’m just really good with my Haltbar blades. As far as I know, 3 wheeled band saws had to change direction three times in one revolution , this causes the blade to break and 3 wheeled bandsaw has smaller wheels that need thinner blades and this makes the blade to twist slightly and cause to premature blade breakage.