Pocket Hole screws By Hillman sold at Lowes

Review by gbrown4 posted 555 days ago 2385 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pocket Hole screws By Hillman sold at Lowes No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I notice last time I was at Lowes that they started carrying Pocket hole screws by Hillman. Ialso notice that they did not carry the pan head style. It was my understanding that you need pan head if you wanted to cover the screw with a plug. Everytime I use the washer head it sticks up out of the hole. Am i correct?

-- Greg, Concordia, Mo

View gbrown4's profile

gbrown4

View Don Broussard's profile

Don Broussard

Greg—You might want to post this question in the Forum instead of the Review section to get a response.

-- People say I hammer like lightning. It's not that I'm fast -- it's that I never hit the same place twice!

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

No, and this is for reviews not questions.

View BentheViking's profile

BentheViking

I got some of these a few months ago…no complaints here

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

5 stars !! Must be good stuff even though we don’t have any info to back up the rating.

View Straightbowed's profile

Straightbowed

they have had these at lowes a few years in my town but anyway they cost about .50 more than kreg at my lowes so I just get the kreg unless they’re out of the size I need but they are good screws and they are black incase you want to just put them on top of the pc of work

-- Stevo, work in tha city woodshop in the country

View shelly_b's profile

shelly_b

The only difference in the pan head and the washer head is that the washer is for softer woods so it doesn’t pull through, and the pan is for harder woods where you don’t have to worry about it pulling through. This is my understanding anyways. The screw head should not be sticking out no matter which one it is, and you should be able to use the plugs with both types. The different heads also corrospond with the thread type; coarse/washer head for soft woods and fine/pan for hard.

View wreker's profile

wreker

Thanks for the review and thanks for the tips!