Craftsman Bar clamps

Review by Bob Kollman posted 579 days ago 2057 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Craftsman Bar clamps Craftsman Bar clamps No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been using the craftsman bar clamps for several years now. I have about 16 of the 24” clamps, 4 of the 36” clamps and 4 18” clamps. They all have worked with out fail. Over the years these clamps have been subject to above average abuse, I use them frequently and do not clean them as I should. They are study as I have dropped them a lot…and the best thing to note is there plastic handles…yes plastic, they are over sized and easy to grip and easy to over tighten (part of my occasional abuse). None of the handles have come loose, and if you do over tighten they are easy to back off. They have replaceable pads that are of a very soft ply able plastic that will not mark up the wood surface. They are reasonably priced at 14-18 bucks depending on the length of clamp.
For the price, reliability, and durability I think they are worth consideration when buying bar clamps. The big buy point for me has been the over-sized handles.

I also have 4 of there quick grip style clamps, they are not quite as good but seeing that I have not used any other name brand quick grip I have nothing to compare them to. I also have many generic clamps that I hate as well as cabinet master clamps which I love.

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

1 comment so far

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

Bob thanks for the review, I am going to have to build my clamp collection back up.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker