Kreg Pocket hole jig Jr.

Review by AJswoodshop posted 614 days ago 2746 views 1 time favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kreg Pocket hole jig Jr. Kreg Pocket hole jig Jr. No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve been using this Kreg jig Jr. for over a year now, and it’s well worth the money. It works great and I’m very happy with it. Only a few issues but the price is great!

Positives-
-Includes drill bit, drill bit stop, a driver bit for square head screws, square head screws, plugs, the manual, the case, and the jig. All of these things work great.
-It’s small size can fit in tight areas.

Negatives-
-It’s hard to keep the jig from sliding around, you have to clamp it really tight.

I’m not sure if this jig would be the best for someone that’s going to use this a lot, but for someone that will use it a few times, it’s a great jig!

-- If I can do it.....so can you! -AJswoodshop

View AJswoodshop's profile

AJswoodshop

View treaterryan's profile

treaterryan

I like your review. I have this jig, mainly because the master system was just too much money for me right now. It does slide around a little bit, as it only has one place to clamp down and it almost “pivots” at that clamping point, but it works. I have made numerous projects with it, and I agree, it’s a good jig for the money. It is very easy to adjust and the inside of the case has markings for setting the drill bit stop.

-- Ryan - Bethel Park, PA

112028 posts in 2214 days

Another good review AJ

View alexdom_89's profile

alexdom_89

I have this same kit, I found a baby Jorgensen wood clamp to put pressure evenly and stop the moving.

View Joe Weaver's profile

Joe Weaver

really enjoy using mine

-- Joe, Ga

View UKTony's profile

UKTony

I love this Jig and use id all the time. It makes my project look like I know what I’m doing :)

I like mine too. I used to struggle with the jig sliding around when I used a typical small shop clamp.
Then I smitched to the Kreg clamp for this jig. One end snaps into the jig, and the clamp acts like a huge vice grip. Once in place it is solid, and won’t move around.

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

Some people mount the jig to a piece of plywood… and clamp the plywood down…

I like using pocket screw joints… it’s SO FAST & EASY!

View Straightbowed's profile

Straightbowed

lowes has the big tool box and everything on sale for $199 and I just bought the craig for 100 about 6 months ago wished I would have waited and bought the big kreg toolbox with everything including the micro jig and large screw jig what a deal

-- Stevo, work in tha city woodshop in the country

View treaterryan's profile

treaterryan

I have tje kreg clamp, it was an improvement, but it still moves a little. The clamp pad in near the end of the jig, therefore you just don’t get a movement free clamp, it will wiggle a little.

-- Ryan - Bethel Park, PA

View BentheViking's profile

BentheViking

I’d been planning on getting this jig last year, but got more money for xmas than i was expecting so opted for the master set. really glad that I did, but I understand its significantly more.

HF sells a similar clamp to the kreg one for only a few dollars.

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

View Straightbowed's profile

Straightbowed

lowes has a hella deal for the kreg jig box with the master and micro and large screw jig thats the big tool box thousand or 2 screws its a deal

-- Stevo, work in tha city woodshop in the country

View bbasiaga's profile

bbasiaga

Do you have to use Kreg screws with this thing or can you use other screws?

-- Part of engineering is to know when to put your calculator down and pick up your tools.

View AJswoodshop's profile

AJswoodshop

Thanks for asking! This jig used pocket hole screws only. It would be nice if you could use regular screws though!

-- If I can do it.....so can you! -AJswoodshop

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

Pan Head screws… FLAT edges…. NO Slanted head sides!
Should work… will work…
Just be sure they match the Grain type of the wood you’re using them on.

View chadam44's profile

chadam44

I bought one of these about a year ago as well and have to say that it was probably one of my top two purchases last year (the other being a Graco Paint Sprayer.) This little jig helped me make a bunch of stuff not only for myself but for others too. Just got the Kreg Toolboxx Kit for $200, thinking it will probably be one of the best buys this year as well!