Pesky Little Brass Screws and such

Review by MrWoody posted 2289 days ago 1404 views 2 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pesky Little Brass Screws and such Pesky Little Brass Screws and such No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Because of a recent post by Betsy I decided to post this review.
Auger gimlets are small hand drills that closely match screw sizes and are handy for pre-drilling holes for Little brass screws. I also use them for drilling small holes in small pieces when making toys.
I listed them as Lee Valley but they are available elsewhere as they are not made by Lee Valley.
I’ve had mine for over 20 years and the smallest is showing some wear, so I would say they are a good investment

-- If we learn from our mistakes, I'm getting a fantastic education.

View MrWoody's profile

MrWoody

View Ad Marketing Guy - Bill's profile

Ad Marketing Guy - Bill

GREAT solution – THANKS for the posting ! I use the threaded awl, but these are well worth adding the tool collection.

-- Bill - - Ad-Marketing Guy, Ramsey NJ

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Great review. Thanks

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

Great review, I want a set….....never too many tools.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View Bob #2's profile

Bob #2

I missed those and I go ther every saturday.
This time for sure!

thanks for posting this.
Bob

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner

View motthunter's profile

-- A. Molloy

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

MrWoody

Thanks for the info. Never knew there was such a thing. They would be nice to have when you need them.

God Bless
tom

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View Don Niermann  's profile

Don Niermann

Gimlets are nessary if you ever plan to use cut nails in any construction. Got mine at Garrett Wade.

-- WOOD/DON (...one has the right to ones opinion but not the right to ones own facts...)

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

another tool to add to my wish list !

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View Douglas Bordner's profile

Douglas Bordner

Bob gets to go to Lee Valley every Saturday… :-( Well I suppose there has to be adequate compensation for living in the frozen North beside all the brisk air.

-- "Bordnerizing" perfectly good lumber for over a decade.

Nice review. I have missed that as well. I look through the Lee Valley site all the time and say I want that, I want that…...

I could not imagine going there every week and coming back without maxing my credit card out. :)

View Betsy's profile

Betsy

MrWoody – thanks——I’m thinking if I continue to do boxes I need to get a set of these. It’s frustrating when you strip screws like that.

-- Like a bad penny, I keep coming back!

View Safetyboy's profile

Safetyboy

Interesting… but how are these better than pre-drilling a pilot hole with my cordless drill? Other than they don’t run out of batter juice??

-- -- Kevin in Mentor, Ohio