Major help for garage spray booth

Review by wwbob posted 12-20-2012 05:36 AM 2361 views 2 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Major help for garage spray booth Major help for garage spray booth Major help for garage spray booth Click the pictures to enlarge them

My garage is my workshop. It is also my spray room. Each time I spray, I need to drape sections of the garage with some form of plastic. I had just about given up spraying due to the hassle dealing with the 9×12 plastic sheets, then I discovered 3M Advanced Masking Film. The film comes in a roll about 12.5 inches tall. You tape the film up without unfolding it. Once the 12.5 inch wide film is taped up, you pull down on the back of the film and the it unfolds to a full 99 inches. It makes draping the garage simple enough I’ve begun spraying again.

The other pictures show the plastic film behind my spray booth.

-- "I like the quiet I hear." - Channing, age 4

View wwbob's profile

wwbob

View Sarit's profile

Sarit

#1 posted 12-20-2012 08:40 AM

I could see this very useful for home remodeling.
How is the cost? Is it reusable?
If its not reusable, it might end up being too costly to use for small spray projects.

View Sailor's profile

Sailor

534 posts in 1984 days

#2 posted 12-20-2012 02:33 PM

COOL!!!!!

-- Dothan, Alabama Check out my woodworking blog! http://woodworkingtrip.blogspot.com/ Also my Youtube Channel's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SailingAndSuch

View wwbob's profile

wwbob

#3 posted 12-20-2012 03:48 PM

Sorry I don’t remember the price. I bought it on a whim while grumbling about regular plastic sheets. I’ll check next time I’m at big box home store.

Also sorry about the second picture not being in the correct orientation.

-- "I like the quiet I hear." - Channing, age 4

View BinghamtonEd's profile

BinghamtonEd

#4 posted 12-20-2012 04:22 PM

According to HD's website, a 90-foot roll is about $17. If it was a small project, you could make 2 10×10 booths out of a single roll.

-- - The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held its ground.

#5 posted 12-20-2012 06:40 PM

I have used it to turn by kitchen into a “spray booth” when I tinted my cabinets.
Works good.
Although, when I spray lacquer in the garage I don’t need to mask anything off. The lacquer dries so quickly it only leaves a little dust on flat surfaces.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#6 posted 12-21-2012 01:47 AM

Thanks for the post

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"