Useful shop apron (Arsenal)

Review by mbs posted 12-16-2012 08:23 PM 2743 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Useful shop apron (Arsenal) No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve never worn a shop apron before. I read a review on an apron here at LJ’s and it prompted me to look into them. I don’t have any affiliation with Arsenal. This apron is $20 bucks on Amazon.

I’ve had it for a few months now and I’m not completely out of my bad habits of laying the tape down somewhere but I’m getting better about putting it my apron. Before I got the apron I spent a lot of time looking for pencils, tape measures, squares, and various drill driver bits. I put these items in my apron now.

The apron is comfortable and sized right for me (6’0, 180#) It has adjustable straps with quick disconnect clips on the side. I leave all but one clipped. It’s easy to put on and take off.

Since I got the apron I also got a Long Ranger dust collection remote control that fits nicely in the apron so it’s one less thing to look for. And I’m reminded to wear the apron because at some point I need to turn on the dust collector.

The pockets do fill up with chips and dust but it isn’t a big deal to me. The dust in the pockets would normally be on my jeans or shirt anyway. The other model apron has mesh in the pockets but after reading the reviews I learned the mesh tears easily.

View MJCD's profile

MJCD

#1 posted 12-16-2012 11:06 PM

mbs:

Thanks for the review. I’ve been to the same place – on looking for the Long Ranger DC switch, trying to find my glasses – at some point, I’ll get to the better place you are, with this apron…
MJCD

-- Lead By Example; Make a Difference

#2 posted 12-17-2012 08:04 PM

I have tried one or two of them and my only complaint is I don’t like things hanging on my neck. How does it feel around your neck. I too seem to be looking for pencils, tape measure. ect….. So getting use to this would be less clutter and wasted time. Might have to try it. I have seen a cpl with mesh in the pockets so the saw dust falls through as well.

#3 posted 12-17-2012 09:38 PM

I don’t like things around my neck either. I don’t feel like this apron hangs on my neck. It sits on my shoulders.

#4 posted 12-21-2012 06:56 PM

Thx ill look into it

View RandyMorter's profile

RandyMorter

#5 posted 01-04-2013 03:03 AM

I have one of these too and like it and use it a lot. I wanted one like this that I didn’t have to tie. This has a little plastic fastener that I think is easier than trying to tie something behind my back. The only issue I have with it is that I’m not a small, skinny guy, and I wish it was a bit longer or hung lower.

-- Randy Morter, Phoenix, AZ

#6 posted 08-17-2013 01:54 AM

Update – I’ve had the apron for about 9 months now and still don’t have any complaints. I use it regularly and it saves me a lot of time from looking for my tape, pencils, screwdrivers, ....

View ADHDan's profile

ADHDan

#7 posted 06-20-2014 03:08 PM

The update was the clincher – nine months of use and still sturdy, useful and comfy? For $20, that’s a no-brainer. Thanks!

-- Dan in Minneapolis, woodworking since 11/11.