Rockler Table Saw Fence Micro Adjuster

Review by mbs posted 12-15-2012 06:14 PM 1945 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Rockler Table Saw Fence Micro Adjuster Rockler Table Saw Fence Micro Adjuster No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this adjuster to make very fine adjustments on my sawstop table saw. The base is magnetic and the magnets are pretty strong. I’ve modified my review since I took another look at the device.

This unit doesn’t work properly on my Sawstop because it needs to sit directly where the scale indicator sits. I looked at Rockler’s website and some people have made extensions to compensate for the interference. I’m not sure if I want to mess with it or not.

Another potential problem was when I lifted the adjuster off the table I heard cracking like it was going to break. The plastic MAY not be engineered well enough to withstand long term use.

Maybe others with different saws have had a better experience.

View rockinmichael's profile

rockinmichael

#1 posted 12-15-2012 07:48 PM

It’s hard to rate it, and judge it when you cannot even use it.

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#2 posted 12-15-2012 08:32 PM

That sucks it didn’t work for you, but congrats on owning a sawstop! It’s a world class saw.

Rockler is a good company; I’m sure if you called them with your problem they’ll accept the adjuster back no questions asked.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Howie's profile

Howie

#3 posted 12-15-2012 08:56 PM

I bought one of these…...almost useless. Cracked the first time I tried to get it off the saw. Only one star from me.

-- Life is good.

#4 posted 12-15-2012 09:35 PM

I agree Rockler is a good company. I bought it a long time ago and never tried using it until recently. maybe I will give them a call.

View abie's profile

abie

#5 posted 12-16-2012 04:47 AM

I agree it sucks
the magnet was not near strong enough
I gave it back to Rockler two years ago
I can’t beleive they still sell some of their junk stuff..
some is ok but a lot is just junk… or over priced stuff from others.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.

#6 posted 12-16-2012 05:25 AM

I can’t believe that they’re still selling this POS !
They’re taking away from their good reputation by selling junk like this !!

View Tim_456's profile

Tim_456

#7 posted 12-16-2012 05:31 AM

I’ve mine for about 4 years. I don’t use it much, but when I have it’s worked fine. I think it was $14 or something like that, not much but for the price, I’ve had good enough luck with it. I’d probably give it 3-4 stars but it fits my TS. I agree the plastic is pretty flimsy, but it’s probably not something to crank on either.

#8 posted 12-20-2012 04:13 AM

I contacted rockler. They refunded my money. Excellent customer service.