My first REAL cordless driver!

Review by Tess posted 04-15-2008 04:35 AM 2577 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My first REAL cordless driver! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought this 18V Lithium-Ion Drill-Driver from Home Hardware, refurbished, for $190 CDN. Sound steep? Well, I’ve got to tell you, it’s worth every penny!

I used to do home renovations for fun and now I’ve gotten into professional contracting. I’d gone through a few cheapie cordless drills just with the around-the-house use and I was never happy with them. They were never robust enough (any screws over 2” and I wouldn’t have even tried the cordless). I kept trading up in battery size .. 9V to 12V to 14V to 18V. None of them held their charges or lasted as long as I felt they should.. And they NEVER worked after sitting for any length of time. I always went back to the corded drill.

Not so with my Hitachi. It’s a real workhorse, and it always works when I pick it up .. even if it’s been sitting for a long while. My boss uses a Milwaulkee .. it’s great, works wonderful, but is heavy and off-balance.

My Hitachi works just as hard, is well-balanced, and is very lightweight! Being a contractor, I need GOOD tools. Being female, I need lightweight, easy-to-handle tools. This one fits the bill nicely. I wish I’d spent the money once on a good drill right from the start. If I only knew then …..

-- Do what you love and love what you do!

View Tess's profile

View FrankA's profile

#1 posted 04-15-2008 04:51 AM

I will soon be looking for a new cordless driver, mine is getting old and its not holding a charge like it used to. This one I’ll be looking into.

-- Frank Auge---Nichols NY----"My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked, but it is price competitive."

View GaryK's profile

#2 posted 04-15-2008 05:23 AM

Thanks for the review!

View Thuan's profile

#3 posted 04-15-2008 05:00 PM

I have a couple of the Hitachi DMRs (It has the Metal Chuck). I left the Torque handle on the 18 volt as I am not use to the power of the thing. I like the belt clip. Thanks for the review

-- Thuan

View mrtrim's profile

#4 posted 04-16-2008 02:55 AM

this is my first cordless screwdriver ! lol

cordless screwdriver

View farmboyfd44's profile

#5 posted 01-30-2010 10:46 AM

i have, lets see, 5 hitachi drills and i use them all the time (some are 12 volt) i will not buy any thing but hitachi now

#6 posted 02-11-2010 08:17 AM