Bessey 5" Multipurpose Vise

Review by thewoodworker01 posted 11-10-2012 07:27 PM 3169 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bessey 5" Multipurpose Vise Bessey 5" Multipurpose Vise Bessey 5" Multipurpose Vise Click the pictures to enlarge them

Recently I bought a vise for my workshop and I knew I wanted big one!!! I found the Bessey 5” multipurpose vise at Lowes. It is very well made. For me it will do just about everything that I need it to. I have read other reviews saying that they managed to snap the vise in half! How do you do that? It is a vise. I mean what were you holding in it? A 429 Boss engine, you shouldn’t be holding engines in, now I don’t know what they were doing but still.

There is a little big of slop in the base for pivoting it. It will pivot a whole 360 degrees. And it will also pivot the main head also 360 degrees to swap the jaws. (Look in the pictures) Very handy if you do anything with shafting, pipes.

I highly recommend this vise!!

I have a review of it on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYk0vLOfRg0

-- Most people say "Measure Twice, Cut Once." I say, "Cut Twice, Measure Once".

View thewoodworker01's profile

thewoodworker01

#1 posted 11-11-2012 01:40 AM

Sounds like a great buy

-- Norman

#2 posted 11-12-2012 03:00 AM

Once Again , your video doesn’t work…nice looking vice though : )

View redSLED's profile

redSLED

#3 posted 12-03-2013 01:44 AM

Hey thewoodworker01, I’m wondering how your vise is still holding up, since I’m considering buying the same vise from Lowe’s. Thanks.

-- Perfection is the difference between too much and not enough.

#4 posted 12-03-2013 02:35 AM

Finally got to watch your video. How is the vise holding up ? How much did you pay for it ?
thanks.