Review by CessnaPilotBarry posted 621 days ago 2582 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ezee-Feed Industrial Infeed Table - Long Term Review, on it's second installation Ezee-Feed Industrial Infeed Table - Long Term Review, on it's second installation Ezee-Feed Industrial Infeed Table - Long Term Review, on it's second installation Click the pictures to enlarge them

Often on Lumberjocks, we see lots of reviews of items from folks who have just purchased the item.

The Ezee-Feed device I’m writing about has proven it’s value again and again, over the last several years.

I purchased this device several years ago, direct from the manufacturer, via ezee-feed.com. I paid full retail price, plus shipping, for the product. This review is 100% my opinion.

I work alone. Sheet goods, especially MDF-cored products are heavy! Like most folks, I’ve built a solid outfeed table to match my table saw. However, when handing full, or nearly full sheets, the infeed was always a different story. I’ve tried rollers, beams in a Workmate, flip-stops, breaking down the sheets somewhere else… in fact, I’ve even gone so far as to ask my wife for help!

With heavy sheets, I risked injury or damage to the stock as I muscled it into place. Thin stuff, like raw laminate or 1/8” hardboard, handing the material is like pushing on a rope or training a cat. It’s going where it’s going, no matter what you think. The previous solutions fell over, got stuck, required too much time to set up, moved the stock in the wrong direction, or verbally complained.

I eventually purchased an Ezee-Feed based on other reviews here on LJ’s. It’s not a cheap device, the purchase decision was not taken lightly. I finally pulled the trigger as I prepared to build new cabinets for my kitchen. The painless initial installation was on my General 650 3HP cabinet saw. As I remember, it took ~ 90 minutes, with basic mechanic’s tools, a saw to trim some aluminum, and a drill. You may or may not have to trim the aluminum, but the device is meant to adapt to many saws. Extra parts and hardware are included for some saws, as saws may have had specification changes over the years. This is an industrial quality device that should outlast most owners.

The owner of Ezee-Feed, Lee Jesberger, is a fellow Lumberjock. Lee is so confident of his written installation instructions, he provides his personal cell phone number in the package. Not the office, not the sales dept., his cell! There have been many times when I wished I could have called the owner or CEO of Delta, Powermatic, Porter-Cable… Oddly enough, they don’t share that information. ;^) Lee does a solid job on the documents, so I didn’t have to call, but what a great gesture!

My Ezee-Feed has continually proven it’s worth, as I built a kitchen, several floor to ceiling built-ins, a few vanities, and some other projects that started as 4×8 or 5×5 sheets.

Last December, I sold the 11-12 year old General and bought a SawStop Industrial Cabinet saw. No way, no how, was my Ezee-Feed going to the new owner of the General! (he tried!) I emailed Lee, via the website, to see if I needed anything else to install my existing device on the new saw. A quick response contained some tips, and the device was on the new saw in less than a half an hour.

What I still love about this thing is that it’s so easy to install and remove, there’s no incentive not to use it. Once the device is initially set up, it can be mounted or dismounted in less than a minute. This is NOT an exaggeration. Slide the supports into the track and drop the table through the holes. That’s it!

When the device is off the saw, it’s simple and easy to store, and all that’s left on the saw is an unobtrusive aluminum track. The three photos above show the device mounted, stored, and a close-up of the mount. I added a velcro strap to keep the legs from swinging when I move or store the tool.

Ezee-Feed makes several other variants, including an outfeed version for those with tight spaces, and hardware kits for folks who would like to build one. For those who are thinking of building one, the hardware and instructions would probably save a bunch of time and money over figuring out every detail and sourcing the parts individually.

In closing, my Ezee-Feed STILL deserves Five Stars, for a continuing simple solution to a painful problem, and wonderful post-sale support, provided well after my check was cashed.

-- It's all good, if it's wood...

View CessnaPilotBarry's profile

CessnaPilotBarry

View MJCD's profile

MJCD

Thanks.

It’s great to have someone review a product who has owned it long enough to know its strengths and weaknesses. The Infeed issue is one we all struggle with – I know I do, and this is something for me to consider.
MJCD

-- Lead By Example; Make a Difference

View patron's profile

patron

12955 posts in 1938 days

great review barry

i’m still working towards a bigger shop build

this is definitely on the wish list

with the work lee does
i know this is top drawer

View PurpLev's profile

PurpLev

great review, and I would expect nothing less from Lee – so not surprising it works so well for you.

glad to hear of your experience with this.

-- ㊍ When in doubt - There is no doubt - Go the safer route.

View lumberjoe's profile

lumberjoe

Barry, about how heavy would you say this was? I’d love to get one, but storage when not in use is a concern. In my shop it would need to be overhead on some hooks.

-- www.etsy.com/shop/KandJWoodCrafts

View CessnaPilotBarry's profile

CessnaPilotBarry

It’s ~ 30 pounds.

-- It's all good, if it's wood...

View Brad_Nailor's profile

Brad_Nailor

Great review..I have been eyeballing one of these since I first saw them…Maybe that will be my next large tool purchase! It seems the really logical way for one person to manipulate sheet goods into a table saw safely..

-- http://www.facebook.com/pages/DSO-Designs/297237806954248