FN Bandana by Blu Dragon Enterprises

Review by AAWW2005 posted 533 days ago 2035 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
FN Bandana by Blu Dragon Enterprises No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hey all, just want to show off my new “FN Banadana”!(Patent Pending) I know what you’re thinking and the “FN” doesn’t stand for what you think it does! It’s a Fitted Nose Banadana. Much like your dust masks in the shop, this bandana has a metal strip sewn in the center that you can form around your nose to keep from breathing the dust in. Designed by a motorcycle rider to keep from fogging up her glasses, the FN Bandana has many other uses as well: dust mask while mowing the lawn, dust mask while working in the wood shop, dust mask when changin the cat liter (I used it and loved it for this reason!), wear one while hunting! They attach by velcro in the back for easy adjustable on and off adaptablity for who ever wears it. Comes in a multitude of colors and if you like, request one made of your favorite color or design! Order yours @ www.fnbandana.com Tell them Dave sent you! Thanks for checking it out!

-- "Your Design or Mine!"

View AAWW2005's profile

AAWW2005

View Bogeyguy's profile

Bogeyguy

The same principal as a normal dust mask???

-- Art, Pittsburgh.

View AAWW2005's profile

AAWW2005

Yah, it’s the same concept but if you think “long term”, this is a wash and reuse, where dust masks are one shot and throw them away. (unless you get the expensive ones) Also, this looks cooler, is more comfertable to wear. If you check out their website you can see that you can order one in just about any color. Hunters are useing them in Camo print and bright orange. It really does keep your breath from fogging up your classes. My brother and his wife wear one when they ride their Harleys, so it’s very versitile!

-- "Your Design or Mine!"

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

Seems interesting, but I can’t imagine this thing catching all the fine sanding dust on the lathe without an airtight seal around the face like a respirator, and the fabric won’t do as good a filtration job. Maybe for non-sanding tasks this would be nice to have.

-- Allen, Colorado

View crashn's profile

crashn

And you could run out and rob a bank in your spare time!

-- Crashn - the only thing I make more of than sawdust is mistakes

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

Looks cool while working on wood! But honestly, I can buy ten .5 micron masks, OSHA approved, with tight face fit and cool air valves from Lowes for $18.95, not including any discounts. I’ve used the first one five-six times already, including mulching up my leaves on a dry day when the air was just filled with leaf dust. They are strictly a dust mask, not for spraying. I felt good and breathed deeply after two hours of mulching while watching clouds of fines drift away, and a slight air cleaning of the mask revealed it to be still quite usable. The other nine are still in the box.
Still, I might get one of these FN Bandana thingies just to up my “cool” factor!

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View a1Jim's profile (online now)

109331 posts in 2078 days

Other than how the fit they seem to be very similar to a dust mask called “Dust=b-gone”.

View Thomas Hanson's profile

Thomas Hanson

Got a different solution as I wear a beard so I came up with wearing a child’s (about 8) t-shirt and pulling it down over my nose. If it’s too big I use a small clamp behind the head. You would normally be worried about the size of the weave in a t shirt letting in the bad stuff but you are using everything below the nose as a filter increasing the area you are breathing through many times. Mother of Pearl scared me enough that I bought an air powered mask but I still use this for normal dust. You don’t get “hot breath” like the masks cause. When dirty just wash them, I bought a sack full, cheaper than FN dambanas. Please excuse the spoonerism. The only link I could find on Google for FN Bandana, was through Facebook. Which I won’t do.

-- Okie from Council Hill