Bell Forest Products

Review by Woodbum posted 666 days ago 3641 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bell Forest Products No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently made my first on-line lumber purchase. I chose Bell Forest Products because they are a sponsor of The Woodwhisperers Guild and I had heard good things about them through Marc’s site. I ordered a 20 bf lumber pack of African Mahogany, two additional “pick your own” AM boards and some Ebony turning squares. First let me say that I normally like to buy locally whenever I can, but my local supplier’s inventory was very sparse, and a little pricey.

I received my order by UPS six days later, bundled and wrapped in good condition. The quality of the mahogany was excellent, in random lengths and widths that were mostly approximately 6” wide by 36” long. There were some narrower boards, but no unusable “shorts”. My two extra AM “pick your boards” were exactly as advertised in all dimensions. The turning squares were dimensioned as adverised also. The Gabon ebony was also very good quality. By buying one more turning square for $8.99, I pushed my order to the minimum amount for free shipping too. The free shipping as mentioned above was fast. Not like normal free shipping which usually goes by mule train or some other slow method. I also received a follow-up email from Josh at Bell, checking on my order and if I was satisfied with their products and services. When I answered his email, and asked some questions about future orders, he responded within an hour. I was again impressed.

I would recommend these folks to any of you LJs that want high quality goods at fair pricing with superb customer service. I had always been a bit apprehensive about buying lumber sight unseen, due to the lack of grain and color matching, especially in species that tend to span a broad spectrum in these two areas. With this order, that fear has somewhat diminished. I will definately do business with Bell Forest Products again

-- Improvidus, Apto quod Victum-- Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

View Woodbum's profile

Woodbum

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

I shop bellforest quite a bit myself and have never been disappointed.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

I’ve had good luck with them also… some say ordering by internet is pricey, but I don’t have a jointer or good planer. So, what I got was very usable for me… little waste except what I might create…

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View mloy365's profile

mloy365

This will kill you guys, but I never order anything from them. I just jump in my truck & drive over there (about 30 minutes). It is like a giant woodworker’s candy store. There is one room after another full of every kind of wood you can think of. It is so much fun to look at all of it. The service in the warehouse is outstanding. This is one of the many nice things about living up here.

-- Mike - Northern Upper Michigan

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

I bet. :-)
They post a lot of pics of their wood rooms on facebook and I’m amazed.

Woodworker’s candy store for sure.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View pwalter's profile

pwalter

Mike, I must admit. I am a little jealous :)