Sawblade.com customer service, hit and miss

Review by Tennessee posted 10-17-2012 06:25 PM 2197 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sawblade.com customer service, hit and miss No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

From reviews on this site of the Haltbar Sagen blades, I thought I might try out some for my Grizzly G0513.
I ordered two 1/2” 101 Flexback series, 131.5” long, 4 TPI, and I also ordered two of their 201 Hardback series, a 1/2” 4TPI and a 3/8” 6TPI.

I completed the order online, and in three days, two boxes appeared on my front porch, each containing one 201 series Haltbar, with the proper label on the side of the box describing the model, length, width, and TPI. Inside each box was one blade, with a full packing slip showing both the 101 series blades and 201 series blades. My account confirmed that they had charged me for four blades. There was a yellow packing slip in each box showing one blade, and a full packing slip showing the whole order in each box.

Add 6 days…...
No 101 blades.
I called the 877 number listed on their website, and a young lady answered and found my order and tried to tell me there was two boxes sent, that my order was complete.
I had to argue a little with her to convince her that the 101 blades were never shipped. She agreed to put in a “work order e-mail”, and that I would get a copy by e-mail. This was to happen in an hour or so.
Go ahead about 30 hours…..
No e-mail.
I also was given a 201 area code number to call rather than the free 877 number. I called the 201 number twice today, and got her voice mail, so I again called the 877 number to see if anyone else could tell me what was happening.
She answered the 877 phone number immediately, and I told her I was the guy who called the day before, and wanted to know where was the e-mail, and more importantly, were the blades on the way?

She admitted that the 101 blades were on backorder, and they should ship three days from me writing this. We’ll see. It would appear that if you buy a blade that they keep in stock, as the 201’s appeared to be, with their premade boxes, good to go.
If you order something that is “custom made”, as their website claims they do so well, you might wait a while…
Unless these blades are fabulous and worth every penny, I’ll probably start shopping again. Price is right, but no blade delivered is worth nothing.

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

#1 posted 10-17-2012 07:53 PM

That’s a shame, I hope everything gets sorted out! How do the blades that you do have perform? I’m happy with my Timberwolves, but the more options the better.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View woodklutz's profile

woodklutz

#2 posted 10-17-2012 10:04 PM

I use SawBlade and find them very good in customer service and quality of their blades. I don’t understand the number listed on the site it does not work, however and quickly answered and my problem solved. I prefer the 201 series, it is stiffer and works well for my purpose.

-- honing my craft one mistake at a time.

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#3 posted 10-18-2012 09:06 PM

I put a 201 on my Grizzly today. It cuts fine, but carries long fines past the vacuum and brush all the way around and redeposits them on top of the work. First blade I’ve ever seen do that on any bandsaw. Cuts OK, not any smoother than a Timberwolf. 1/2” 4TPI to 1/2” 4TPI. Time will tell how long it stays sharp. Price is right, I’ll tell you that. If it lasts as long as a TW than I’m saving about $4.00-5.00 a blade. I wish they sold 1/8”. Broke a 1/8” TW I bought from Grizzly today, $21.00 down the drain.
I would have been fine with sawblade.com if they had just responded to the fact that the 101’s were backordered rather than try to tell me the order was complete.

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#4 posted 10-29-2012 09:20 PM

Well, I bet everyone experienced a little inconvenience to any company or customer service .
But for me , as long as they’ll meet me halfway for the frustrations , I will still stick to the company especially if I know myself that, in the very first place , they’re offering top quality products.
Sometimes , companies can’t avoid glitches and of course, I believe that it is not their intention to do that to their customers. Even I myself, purchase online or over the phone. I also feel bad if they screwed up with my order.
But anyways , I respect your opinion Tennessee about www.sawblade.com