Ridgid R4510

Review by Johnny Boy posted 10-07-2012 11:34 PM 5886 views 2 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid R4510 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have decided to buy this saw not as a replacement but as a complement to my stationary/big bertha/woodshop tablesaw.

Nothing new compared to other comments. I just want to add my 5 stars to the stack.

The original 500 CAD price was a bit high for me and I was about to resign myself to wait and bang !.
150 CAD OFF !. The promo is still active.
On Homedepot.ca website, search for TS2400LS instead of R4510. I think the R4510 is the new version but
HD site is not up to date. Anyways…

If you are looking for a very good all-terrain tablesaw, put your shoes, your coat, run (or take your van) and pick one. This saw is really impressive.

Lightweight, powerful motor (15A) with soft start, a bit noisy but not a big deal.
Everything at the right place. Good blade and effective support, very easy to fold/unfold.

The fence is working very well and the miter, after a couple of adjustements, performs A1.
The table looks to be in aluminium and is extendable, allowing to add a small router table add-on.
The anti kick-back system takes a little practice but again, works correctly.
The blade protector is one of the best I’ve seen on this range of saws.

Don’t forget to register your saw to get the lifetime warranty or it will be limited to 2 years.
Very easy to perform on ridgid.com.

I’ve ripped some wet 2×6 cedar boards today and I’ve been really pleased with the result.

Thanks for the time you took to read and I hope it will help you if you’re in the decision process.
Other reviews helped me a lot.

Regards.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#1 posted 10-08-2012 11:59 AM

I’ve got a slightly different model of this saw without the stand… I wish I had a full size table saw, but this one serves fine for a weekend woodworker. The only drawbacks that I have found:

Short arbor so dado can’t be used to full effectiveness.
Short infeed and outfeed distance from saw blade to table edge.
Fence does not always align straight when moved.

And as with most saw might want to buy a better blade. The blade that came with it is fine for most work, but fine work needs better blade.

I have small shop… and this saw is portable—its biggest advantage for me.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View harshest's profile

harshest

#2 posted 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

I had this saw saw for about a month, and really enjoyed it. For what I was doing it worked perfectly. The best part was it folded up nice and small to fit in my garage. I used it to make a window for my shed. I sold it once I got the saw in my profile pic, a 1952 Delta Unisaw. If I were to buy another portable saw I would not hesitate to buy this again.

View Willeh's profile

Willeh

#3 posted 10-08-2012 08:11 PM

I’ve used this saw for the past year and a bit and love it. It cuts acurately and well and is always up to the task. Very little setup and adjustment, and years of good easy service. My only gripe is that the table top scratches easily..

-- Will, Ontario Canada. "I can do fast, cheap and good, but you can only pick two... "

View Tag84's profile

Tag84

#4 posted 10-10-2012 12:40 PM

hi i bought the bosch gts 10 xc recently, and was wondering where to buy the anti kickback paws?
can’t find them anywhere on the web.

-- -Thomas -

View mIps's profile

mIps

#5 posted 10-10-2012 11:07 PM

I have this saw as well and have been happy with it so far. I like the fact that blade alignment can be made from the top of the saw (No digging underneath to find the trunnion bolts here!).
One thing to be aware of, if the front or rear fence bars get too dirty the fence can bind a bit.
I cleaned mine really well including a light scuffing with a green scrubby pad and then waxed the fence rails and it moves really nicely again. Still looking for something good to use to lube the table.

-- Be honest, honorable, kind, work hard, and generally be awesome.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#6 posted 10-14-2012 02:55 AM

Nice saw. I have often wondered if I should have gotten it instead of my contractor saw.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

#7 posted 04-29-2013 07:00 PM

Quick update. Always very satisfied with the saw except…
I have cleaned the blade last week-end and have seen that a tooth was missing.
I always check the wood with a metal detector. Ridgid refuses to replace the blade.
The blade quality looked pretty fine, even if I am aware that Ridgid does not uses Freud blades.

I have decided to call HD customer service and they adopted the same behaviour.
They replied that the blade had no warranty. The saw has been bought 6 months ago.
From my point of view this is not an acceptable way of doing business.

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

#8 posted 04-29-2013 07:22 PM

Try carrying that blade into your local HD store and get with the hardware dept head. Show him where it appears to be a clean break of the tooth and he’ll probably exchange it for you in the name of “Good customer service”

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

#9 posted 04-29-2013 07:24 PM

Hi Joein10asee, thanks for the advice. I wil try that.
In the meantime anyway, I have several other blades so…

#10 posted 04-30-2013 01:44 AM

Unfortunately, no luck. The guy even did not wanted to let me finish my explanation.
“The saw has a warranty, not the blade”. HD, shame on you. Ridgid, shame on you.

I have bought a Freud blade in the past which was defective in the same manner and it has
been replaced in a snap.

#11 posted 05-16-2013 01:50 PM

An update regarding the blades. I’m not perfect but I have a couple of principles.
The blade included in the R4510 was defective. This was not my fault, so I have asked
for a replacement. Ridgid support’s guy has laughed at me.

After posting a complaint on HD facebook page, someone called me back.
As a matter of course, the girl told me they were about to send me 2 blades to replace the defective one.
Almost two weeks later, I have just received 2 Avanti blades.

And you know what: They are DOA !!!!!!. A tooth is broken on the 24 blade,
The 60 teeth blade has a large dent that make is very unstable.
The package was very flimsy, just a bubble enveloppe.
My Woodworker II was packed in a HD cardboard, in a parcel, surrounded by bubbles.

The girl at Home Depot St-Hubert (Quebec) is unreachable.
HD has lost all credibility. I will never buy Ridgid stuff, nor anything from HD.