Handy Self-Adhesive Discs - Discontinued Item

Review by DeLayne Peck posted 668 days ago 1675 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Handy Self-Adhesive Discs - Discontinued Item Handy Self-Adhesive Discs - Discontinued Item Handy Self-Adhesive Discs - Discontinued Item Click the pictures to enlarge them

As a “back-in-the-day” woodworker, I was always annoyed with carpet tape. Too thick, too much stick, and too much residue. But, that is what we had. Turners’ tape? Don’t know much about it. But, on a whim, I tossed Rockler's Double-Sided Self-Adhesive Discs into the My Cart with an order.

Ho-hum, they arrived, but now, Wow. I have been on a jig building kick lately. I can say the little sticky stinkers have ridden over, under, around, and through almost every piece of equipment in my shop. I have used them in assembly, finishing, stack drilling for critical alignment, re-sawing, planing thin stock, and other RT, BS, and TS operations.

Why am I so stuck on them? Convenience, the discs are nicely organized on sheets. They peel off quickly. Placement is easy. They are thin, a real consideration. The adhesiveness is right. I can set the amount of adhesion I am using by number, size, and combination of discs I am using. And they are clean, no residue.
Cost/benefit? A real bargain.

Highly recommended. Hobbyist woodworker with no affiliation to Rockler.

-- DJ Peck, Lincoln Nebraska. I think of my shop as Fritter City. I am the Mayor.

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

thanks for the rewiew Delayne
I can see you have been busy … but how do they look like
can you show a picture of both the packing and the stickers

Dennis

View Lenny's profile

Lenny

I appreciate the review. I will be giving these a try.

-- On the eighth day God was back in His woodworking shop! Lenny, East Providence, RI

DeLayne Peck

Dennis, sorry, that’s a disc stuck on the block. Used for finishing. The blue link in the review takes you right to the product page. They come stacked in a plastic sleeve. Pretty plain.

That heart box is beautiful…you really captured the grain : )
thanks for the review !

gfadvm

I’ve got to try these as I have all the same probs you cited with the tapes. I clicked on the link and they appear to come in different sizes even though the description says “30 3” discs”???I think I would like smaller ones like those shown in the pics. Guess I’d best call and ask Rockler what’s available. Thanks for posting these.

DeLayne Peck

gfadvm, good Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, I assume. Didn’t notice the quantity 30, 3” only until you pointed it out. Contradicts the picture. When I ordered, I received a large assortment of three sizes. There were many more than 30, and none 3” in diameter. A three inch diameter might be helpful for turners, but I hope Rockler isn’t discontinuing the assortment. After you call Rockler, please post your findings.

View Dennisgrosen's profile

Dennisgrosen

Thanks Delayne :-)

gfadvm

Thanks, i’ve got it on my to do list :)

View dnick's profile

dnick

Thanks for the review. I’m going to look into those for sure.

-- dnick, North Hollywood, Ca.

View maryoltk's profile

maryoltk

I might need to blow the lid off of that. I encourage top hands to recognize the project. For your entertainment, here are the facts of life when it relates to this. The better your Uprinting Coupon code is the more power it has. That gets better though. I gather you have to find friends this have that whatsis. Doing it is then handed out to passerbys. That occupation caught me off guard. There is a groupthink which has been created around this. That will take your Uprinting Coupon code to the max. It’s only going to help that in the long term.

gfadvm

DeLayne, I contacted Rockler and they said the smaller sized discs are no longer available (only the3” are available). :(

DeLayne Peck

Not as convenient, but I guess the scissors come out and I’ll be cut 3 inchers to the size I need. I still like the peel and stick approach of this product.

Thanks, gfadvm! The video tour of your shop and projects is amazing!